Stop in for a cup of coffee

-

THey also drive on the wrong side of the road there.
CalTrans brings us an asphalt mix design at the plant, there was something really odd about it my mentor and I noticed. More we looked more we thought "This is not gonna work." Our Sales Dept says "Do it! It's their money." 6 weeks later they were grinding up their 300 ton "That's the way they do it in France." experiment. :rofl:

Somebody is going down the rabbit hole :lol:

Amazing how many "car crashes into house" videos are out there with all these doorbell cameras
We have a lot happening here in town. I wondered why until I bought my Colorado pick up. The brake and gas pedals are too close together. I have stepped on the brake and hit the gas at the same time. The harder you try to stop the faster it rev's. The way you set in the seat, you don't think about lifting your foot completely off the gas pedal to apply the brake. There is no pivoting your heel between the two. 50+ years of driving , I have never owned a vehicle that did that. Until now. :BangHead: :BangHead:

I found the roundy round interesting in that we have always been told to give the right of way to the car to your right - not now, yield to someone from the left. Here I blame politics. I will not yield to the left. Sorry in advance Mike.

We have a lot happening here in town. I wondered why until I bought my Colorado pick up. The brake and gas pedals are too close together. I have stepped on the brake and hit the gas at the same time. The harder you try to stop the faster it rev's. The way you set in the seat, you don't think about lifting your foot completely off the gas pedal to apply the brake. There is no pivoting your heel between the two. 50+ years of driving , I have never owned a vehicle that did that. Until now. :BangHead: :BangHead:
My full Silverado actually had a power adjust gas pedal. Very handy.

I have noticed what certain manufacturers have the center console really tight toward the driver's right leg, which I think causes some limitations in being able to pivot/ rotate between accelerator and brake

I like it...............converted from 4 door, would be interesting to see how well it was done.

half_car.jpg

So that trans place sent me a shim kit.... and they are the wrong size... even says so on the stupid box... unreal. How do places like this stay in business. . gonna throw it back together, it will have .065 endplay which is fine... just not ideal.. kinda pissed i lost 2 weeks on these assholes.

So that trans place sent me a shim kit.... and they are the wrong size... even says so on the stupid box... unreal. How do places like this stay in business. . gonna throw it back together, it will have .065 endplay which is fine... just not ideal.. kinda pissed i lost 2 weeks on these assholes.
:BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:

Sucks

what shim is it again? Where and what size?

these?

727 End Play Shim Kit | Monster Transmission Parts

or these?

https://www.coperacingtrans.com/?product=727-washer-shimend-play

for the thrust surface on planetaries?

Year 1962 up- This shim can be used to compensate for wear on the thrust surfaces of the planetary gear train. Installs under the planetary thrust washer. This shim is .010" thick and fits both 3 and 4 pinion planetaries.

A-727 Planetary Shim 727-22700-Z

Last edited:
what shim is it again? Where and what size?

these?

727 End Play Shim Kit | Monster Transmission Parts

or these?

https://www.coperacingtrans.com/?product=727-washer-shimend-play

for the thrust surface on planetaries?

Year 1962 up- This shim can be used to compensate for wear on the thrust surfaces of the planetary gear train. Installs under the planetary thrust washer. This shim is .010" thick and fits both 3 and 4 pinion planetaries.

A-727 Planetary Shim 727-22700-Z
No, it's a shim that goes between the input shaft/output shaft thrust washer... .032 thick, it looks like no one makes them anymore.. i can survive without it, just pissed off dealing with a trans company that sends wrong ****, the shim kit they just sent me even says for 1989 and up and doesn't list 727 at all.. just wtf

-
Back