Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Had the Mazda in for it's first repair yesterday. Gave me an engine light and malfunction message last weekend. The checked code and it was for engine not coming to temp fast enough. They actually had a TSB for the thermostat sticking open. So they changed it. Under warranty. :thumbsup:. Apparently one of their most frequent issues. Would have been $666. :eek:

Did most of my inspection while I was there. Need to go back on Tuesday. Light cleared, but I guess it needs some run time before the state emissions test will except it as clear.
666, oh my, never bothered me, I have a 9mm side arm with 666 in it .. good luck on your test

It's FiftyFive Friday!
1714140783414.png

Good morning from Oceanside :D

Morning fellers and fellet's, got a 1/2 inch of rain last night. More rain for today and tomorrow here.

He already checked tires and brakes. Both are passing. Tires are a very even 4/32 all around. They allow 2/32 I was already figuring on getting new before next Winter. Brakes were 7/32. State allows 2/32 -which is too low in my opinion. If even a little uneven, you are asking to kill a rotor getting that thin. I like to get a few pad changes out of a set of rotors and nobody resurfaces them anymore... ...So, probably doing all the pads before Winter as well.

Soccer at it's finest!

For those that the link did not work it was a classic Soccer play on the ice. Domi from Leafs while skating by opposing goalie from Bruins, just barely scrapes a little paint with him. And I mean very little, it would totally buff out. So anyway, then the Bruins goalie does as any good soccer player does when touched and flops to ice in what can only be described as a Grammy performance. It was hilarious.

Honestly i can't see how that thing didn't skip teeth, i don't think i have ever seen a chain that bad
I saw a sbc wear a hole in the timing cover. And an oem mopar or 3 with all the plastic gone off the top sprocket.

I think my wind event was a microburst, couldn't see any other damage around here. Put on some Hoyt Axxton while I was covering up the DeSoto that was on the lift. Also tarped the roof to help keep some rain out.

He already checked tires and brakes. Both are passing. Tires are a very even 4/32 all around. They allow 2/32 I was already figuring on getting new before next Winter. Brakes were 7/32. State allows 2/32 -which is too low in my opinion. If even a little uneven, you are asking to kill a rotor getting that thin. I like to get a few pad changes out of a set of rotors and nobody resurfaces them anymore... ...So, probably doing all the pads before Winter as well.
Down here in Gods Country we simply put a plate on it and drive it! Of course they may or may not stop! Hah!

Had to stop for a coffee. Both feet were numb. Or numb-er than usual. 1/2 way across back of cab, the asphalt is coming off pretty easy.
Torch and a scraper.
And i see Fred’s rain showed up in the last 10 minutes. Why couldnt he keep it there??
I think my goal may be achievable, getting cab back on frame on sunday.

-
Back