Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Good morning all. Went to Santa Barbara yesterday, went fishing with my brother. Caught my limit, over actually...24 fish. kept 20, limit. gave away the other 4

IMG_20240430_152557.jpg
Trying to be creative today.

Worked in the body shop today and really loosing my ability fast to do Paintless dent repair. :BangHead:

Got dash painted, hvac bolted in. Hung it from the rafters and pushed the chassis in. Feeling rough today, so things were going slow. Losing momentum or motivation, not sure

Sheep head, red rock fish, brown rock fish, white fish, sea perch, and one Dorado, which no one on the boat had seen caught there before...
Dorado/Mahi Mahi up here? I didn't think that was a thing. Now that I think on it, Santa Barbara is on the other side of Pt Conception where the ocean currents change. I caught some Burnt Ends on a sammich at Enzo's BBQ the other night :lol:

Dorado/Mahi Mahi up here? I didn't think that was a thing. Now that I think on it, Santa Barbara is on the other side of Pt Conception where the ocean currents change. I caught some Burnt Ends on a sammich at Enzo's BBQ the other night :lol:
The crew had never saw one this far north either...I think one of the reasons is they don't fish for them...I caught a lizard fish, small, bait. Rigged for Dorado, on one of my poles, and caught it real quick...they do not use live bait in Santa Barbara.

The crew had never saw one this far north either...I think one of the reasons is they don't fish for them...I caught a lizard fish, small, bait. Rigged for Dorado, on one of my poles, and caught it real quick...they do not use live bait in Santa Barbara.
Live bait in Santa Barbara would be politically incorrect :rofl:

-
Back