Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Good morning everyone. Back reading is all done. Nice cool morning, but not ready for fall. It doesn't seem to care though.

I have the property assessor coming by today for their 3-year review.....................:rolleyes:
Good Morning Mopar Mob
Glad they don't actually come out to the property and do that here where I live, Scott
I'm sure my assessment would go way up. They don't know half of what I've done here.

Good Morning Mopar Mob
Glad they don't actually come out to the property and do that here where I live, Scott
I'm sure my assessment would go way up. They don't know half of what I've done here.
They do aerial photography here and go off that

Good Morning Mopar Mob
They even come inside here to finalize and be sure and get every tax dollar they can.

They are pretty good to deal with here. One year they were training a new guy and he was looking at the truck camper on the truck parked outside and the guy told him we are not here for that, we look at the outside of the house and garage only.

That's not happening here.......................
Our State has a property tax in addition to real estate tax. Which sounds bad and is certainly offensive but in the end our total tax burden is one of the lowest in the Country. Example you buy a new counter top and pay tax on it at the granite store, as soon as you install it you pay tax on it again as personal property. Just like our vehicles, pay tax when you buy it then pay personal property tax when you plate it. Again still super low price but it is an antiquated system at best. Not many states left doing it this way.

Our State has a property tax in addition to real estate tax. Which sounds bad and is certainly offensive but in the end our total tax burden is one of the lowest in the Country. Example you buy a new counter top and pay tax on it at the granite store, as soon as you install it you pay tax on it again as personal property. Just like our vehicles, pay tax when you buy it then pay personal property tax when you plate it. Again still super low price but it is an antiquated system at best. Not many states left doing it this way.
We have the same thing here. Virginia also had it when we lived there.

Porch sitting this morning with the hounds. Don’t get no better than this!

IMG_5280.jpeg

-
Back