STORM (65 Dart GT)

-

65_Dart_GT

Reaction score
Here is a link to Picasso (Google) Photos of my attempt to restore the car, This has been going on for two years so far, when money and time allow.

This is my first attempt at anything like this so it is a learning process each step of the way, particularly removing alot of thick Bondo and or the sheet metal that held it.

Lets see if these links are of any value, if not I'll begin posting and commenting all over again as I progress. Have a look and feel free to comment, good or bad. :wink:

https://picasaweb.google.com/rog.shaw/65DartGT#

Welcome to FABO. Nice work and I love your Dart. That color looks great with the Cragars. toolmanmike

You have done some serious work on your car. Looking good. Keep the pictures coming. A great thread for inspiration.

Thanks all for the comments, pettybludart, sure does look familiar!
It's almost warm enough to go at her some more. I will for sure continue the updates with comments as I progress.

Rog

you know how hard it is to find parts for these early-A,s around here.I have a nice 65 grill and 65 console if interested?:D

Yes finally some good weather(well not today...overcast)Here comes the rain again.:sad11:

you know how hard it is to find parts for these early-A,s around here.I have a nice 65 grill and 65 console if interested?:D

Yes finally some good weather(well not today...overcast)Here comes the rain again.:sad11:

I have 2 good grills so I'll pass on those. What cooler is the console? I have a Black interior and may have to work on the one black one I have or attempt a dye job on the beige one I have. What are you looking for in the way of payment if suitable? :toothy10:

The 65 console is blue,if you want it $30 will do.Let me see if I have a pic.

Attachments

• Parts to sell 077.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 190
  • Parts to sell 080.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 175
The 65 console is blue,if you want it $30 will do.Let me see if I have a pic.

Thanks for the pics pettybludart! The console looks to be in as good a shape as my Black and Beige one so again I will pass. I do appreciate the offer and the idea that the parts for these cars are hard to come by is for sure right on.

If money allows I pick up parts here and there when I come across them for the day I may need them. I also have kept every pc, doors glass etc. from my donor just in case. So much so that I had a fellow ask me if I could spare a spring mechanism from inside the passenger door because he could not find one anywhere and what the heck I had two inside the doors so I pulled it out and gave it to him. I do believe in paying forward will come back 2 fold. It's part of the fun anyways.

Been Back at the restoration in the heat when it's cool enough:drinkers::wack:
Here is the link as posted in the original thread message if your interested to catch up.

https://picasaweb.google.com/rog.shaw/65DartGT#

The most interesting thing I have tried lately is dying a drivers side door panel that was Beige (brown) and did it ever turn out just great!

-
Back