STR cross ram

-

dartcuda1

67 Barracuda 500ci 6sp
Reaction score
I need help.Do any body have any pictures of how to hook up the throttle cable to a edelbrock str manifold?I am almost ready to put the engine in and my mind it about fried.I know I am going to have to fab a bracket I just need some ideas. Thanks Mark

Picture 011.jpg

Picture 012.jpg

Picture 013.jpg

Picture 014.jpg

I'm sure you can google some pics of a few, but nobody here is going to volunteer because if this is for a small block we are all jealous and refuse to help...... LOL.

HA HA it,s for a bigblock. I googled it and it shows the linkage but not the throttle cable.I have the linkage all hooked up.I just some ideas.Don,t be jealous getting one is just half the fun.It,s more of a hassle then anything else. MARK

Can you post some pictures of the intake where the end of the linkage is? I might have an idea but I need to see what it looks like.:toothy10:

That is for a regulator crossram.I can put the carbs sideways but the adapters are almost 300 bucks.Way to much for my blood, Thanks Mark

How much room is there between the back of the intake and the rear of the engine? Does that center link adjust?

This changes things a bit. I'll think on it and see if anything manifests.

If you used a locar throttle cable you could try this. as long as there is room behind the engine. Sorry for the rough illustration. I have another idea using a small pulley to route the cable 90 degrees to the drivers side.

Picture%20012ab.JPG

Again another crude illustration bet it might be effective? I'm thinking. ut it will have to wait till tomorrow.

Picture%20013ab.JPG

Don't know if this picture will help you out or not, but this little throttle cable bracket is what's on my manifold.
I never used this manifold, so i don't know if it worked or not.

STR Crossram [640x480].jpg

No not yey I am going to put the engine aome time in feb. I am trying to get as many ideas as I can.With out seeing one your drawings might workHA ha . Mark

Hay cudapaz this might make you feel better,It,s going onto a 67 barracuda.8)8)8)

I used Holley carbs but i fabbed a bracket and linkage to connect the driver side carb right side primary throttle shaft to the pass side carb throttle shaft . It uncluttered the left side of the driver side carb that fabbing a bracket for the throttle cable was way easier. I don,t think i ever took a picture of it though, sorry.

-
Back