straight axle choices?

-

hw612

The Mopar Martian.
Reaction score
ive got a 63 and was wondering if anyone knows what straight axle would go into my car the best, what track width should i be looking for, shackle to shackle, pad to pad etc. heading to a junkyard a few hours out this weekend, they have ALOT of stuff from 30s-60s. so if anyone can give me any ideas of what to look out for that'd be great. any help appreciated.

Your PM box is full.........

Hi, I noticed you are looking for a straight alxe, I am in St. Cloud MN (1 hr NW of cities) and have a straight axle from a 1960's Dodge A100. It will fit in your a-body, just need to narrow it 4", several have been using these with great success. I was gonna use it but changed my mind and went a different route. It is complete with drums and brakes, it is 5 on 4 1/2 bolt pattern, price is $120, I would love to get rid of it.Let me know if you are interested, Thanks.

sorry about that i just cleaned it out. do you have leafs? i was thinking about searching french lake for one but... this is better. try again on the pm, do you have pics?

No pics, it is in my backyard behind a bunch of junk but if you come up I can dig it out. It is in good shape, just looks like any old Dodge A-100 straight axle, it does have big drum brakes on it, maybe 11"? A little surface crud but will clean up nice. I might have the leafs, I forgot about them, they might be sitting under it. I do remember pulling them off so it would store easier.

If you were thinking of going to FLAP you may want to call first, they crushed about 95% of all their Mopar stuff last year :banghead:

-
Back