Stranded outside El Paso

-
I used J B Weld on a rusty spot on the wife’s Gran Prix years ago. Drained the oil and scuffed it up a little bit and slathered it on there good. Was still going strong years later when we sold the car

We stopped at the rest area about 3 hours from home and passed out about 1 am just woke up about an hour ago. Almost there. Thanks to everyone for their input and humor, mainly the humor we needed it. I used the soap to wash myself this morning.

200 miles doesn't get you very far in Texas.... El Paso to San Antonio is over 500 miles... Big *** state.... Hope your on the road & doing alright..
We went 200 miles because that’s how far we needed to go. Could have gone much further. We never had to add trans fluid, the soap just sealed it right up. We were camping in the desert and ran over a road sign that someone left in the dirt, it tipped up and cut a nice 3” slice in the pan. Old timer in camp saw us struggling with it and said “get you a bar of soap”. We laughed and tried everything else we had first, Nothing worked. Then we tried the soap and made it home.

You make sure the hit didn't push the oil pickup upwards?

-
Back