Streaming

-

barbee6043

barbee 6043
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Wife and I are old and technology challenged. The kid just says "figure it out"> Always.
We do not have a smart TV just a egular? one on Dish and we have that HULU or whatever its called plugged in back to get Netflic. Our puters work off a rural cable.
I want to buy that MotorTrend streaming deal on sale but I do not want to watch on the puter but on the TV. Exactly what do I need to do!?? Thanks

Hulu is just an app basically. Whatever box you have to get Hulu and Netflix you should be able to get motortrend through it. Look for an app store or search feature. Good luck.

Splurge and get a roku device under $40 shipped. Has a cool voice activated remote "watch motor trend"...blamo, it will cue it up.

Getting tired of Cable rates exploding and looking for alternative to get the channels we watch. Kids say well first you get Sling tv then you get this app and that app..easy peasy..YEA RIGHT. Wish I could help you.

Splurge and get a roku device under $40 shipped. Has a cool voice activated remote "watch motor trend"...blamo, it will cue it up.
The kid bought us our Roku device, got it at WalMart, he and his wife Make $160,000 gross annually and he bought us the cheapest thing he could find!! LOL Always doe though LOL LOL LOL
I will work on figuring the app deal out. I had already gone to MotorTrend site and went to ask questions, it just said this is not available in m area. I bet BS! No one to call.
Will the Roku have a "whatever" thru it IF I pay MotorTrend for this app thing? That is the question!!! :rofl::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::thumbsup::thankyou::steering:

Wife and I are old and technology challenged. The kid just says "figure it out"> Always.
We do not have a smart TV just a egular? one on Dish and we have that HULU or whatever its called plugged in back to get Netflic. Our puters work off a rural cable.
I want to buy that MotorTrend streaming deal on sale but I do not want to watch on the puter but on the TV. Exactly what do I need to do!?? Thanks
I use the Amazon fire stick. It’s like 30 bucks and so easy, even my 5 year old can operate it

I use the Amazon fire stick. It’s like 30 bucks and so easy, even my 5 year old can operate it
We operate Roku, Sorta!!! I ask the TV for NetFick and it comes on. Otherwise not sure other than that is it is voice activated. I will see if the neighbor's 5 year old will come over and give us a hand!!!:poke::popcorn:

We operate Roku, Sorta!!! I ask the TV for NetFick and it comes on. Otherwise not sure other than that is it is voice activated. I will see if the neighbor's 5 year old will come over and give us a hand!!!:poke::popcorn:
If you have Roku, all you need to do is download the motortrendondemand app. Make sure you get the on demand app

There is a browser on the roku as well as most other streamers that can access FABO too. I have a bootleg stream site as a favorite. Usually watch animal planet, NatGeo, or travel Channel as neither of these are in our cable package..lame.

On my Roku, to add a "channel " I go to "Home", then arrow up to the "Add Channels" button (its a circle with a plus inside). Click on the "Add Channels" button and scroll down to "Search". Use you arrow keys to spell Motortrend, and click on "add channel. It will then ask for your code. Bam, it's there!

I live in a rural area too and have Dish satellite. I would be more concerned with your internet supporting stream speeds needed. Nothing worse then watching 2 seconds then waiting 10 seconds to load. Makes me just turn off all the electronics and read a book. Good luck in your quest.

Another problem I'm running in to is the fact the streaming cable channels have no DVR Capability that I can see. 80% of what we watch is taped and watched at a different time.

You can sign up on MTOD on any device. Once you have an account you can log in and out of it on any device with internet access. I watch on my phone, laptop, tv via firestick, and desktop.

We operate Roku, Sorta!!! I ask the TV for NetFick and it comes on. Otherwise not sure other than that is it is voice activated. I will see if the neighbor's 5 year old will come over and give us a hand!!

LOL........you can go to ROKU's site on your PC, create an account and from there you can browse their wide array of apps, pick the ones you want and done.

You will need the ID from your device if I remember correctly to set it up, it's pretty simple.

https://www.roku.com/

-
Back