Street Demon Carburetor

-
Yea, I've heard from a couple other guys that they run lean....that's why I bought the tuning kit. Mine was fine on the stock 360....but with the higher compression, Air-Gap, and big cam it's lean. I know that's one reason they came out with a 750cfm version cause guys were asking for something bigger for their more modified smallblocks and mild bigblocks.

I love mine, as I mentioned it is WAY better than the old 1406 Eddy. To each their own, but I've owned all the different Eddy's from 600-750, AFB, AVS, and Holley's to Pro-Systems HP 750 and a 650 Street Demon (DP). Each are tunable for their specific purpose but the Eddy carbs always seemed to do everything ok but nothing really well. These Street Demon's are by far the most forgiving carbs. It went right from my stock low compression 360 to my built motor without flinching...just a little lean which isnt the carbs fault. Nothing is "out of the box" ready...but they are as close as it gets. Good gas mileage too! If you stay out of the secondaries, those smaller, triple stack booster just sip when crusing steady state!

I'm tempted, since I dont have an AFR meter to sell mine and just get the 750 because it will be that much better to start with as opposed to messing with mine and start changing rods/springs/jets etc. Either way I'm either staying with mine and tuning it or getting the 750cfm version!

You guys with the 750cfm version chime in....would like to know how you like it!

First hand experience, I just got done bolting one on.
I am on the second carb, the first one had issues.
You have to dissemble the carb to put the chrysler throttle rod on, no big deal, except the carb needs dissembled 10 screws, 2 e-clips no big deal, the instructions are very good and tell you how to do this.
Dumped a small amount of gas in the carb and it fired up and idled.
Sounds really crisp, but have not drove it yet.
I did not adjust anything but the idle screw, (turned it down about 200 rpm)
Tomorrow I will give it a cruise, and see how it runs on the road.
The test vehicle is a stock w-150 with a 318 no modifications.
I really think this is going to be a sweet carb.

You have to dissemble the carb to put the chrysler throttle rod on

:scratch: Mine connected lickety split? If i recall I did have to tweak a little mounting bracket to play nice between the carb and my throttle cable but it was no biggie. Not following you? Are you referring to kickdown linkage? Of which I never run (manual valve body) so maybe thats it?

:scratch: Mine connected lickety split? If i recall I did have to tweak a little mounting bracket to play nice between the carb and my throttle cable but it was no biggie. Not following you? Are you referring to kickdown linkage? Of which I never run (manual valve body) so maybe thats it?

This is the one I used that Demon recommended, the technician at Demon also confirmed that the carb must be dissembled to put the throttle cable bracket on.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/dem-124007/overview/

Sireland67, did you do some tests with your new carb?

Michael

Yes, I did an inital test and ran it about five miles and everything was smooth.
My wife then drove it over to pick a load of firewood up across town.
When she got back she made the statement that the old truck has never ran that good as it does with the new carburator.

The next day we hooked the camping trailer up to the truck, with a load of firewood, bikes, coolers and what ever else my wife thru in the bed of the truck and took off to the mountains.
It pulled strong and smooth with no issues, keep in mind this carb was bolted on straight out of the box with just a minor idle setting, I have not tuned it yet.
I am really impressed with this carb
Also it averaged around 12 mpg which is pretty good considering how steep some of the hills were with about 3000 lbs between what was in bed of the truck and the trailer.

-
Back