Street Freaks, Customs, Rods, Street Machines...60's 70's 80's

-
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

C4AF2D36-AB53-4564-9191-E2918DE98779.jpeg

9DFD748E-0089-4735-816B-093E28BB3A8B.jpeg

Monocycle Mayhem: Epic Battles Unleashed | 12 Thrilling Laps on Spanish Asphalt | Electric Unicycles - YouTube

Saw a flock of those last time I was in the next city over.

looks like fun...how many pairs of rear tires did you go thru?
Like I tell my wife: All of 'em! :lol:

Seriously though, I got to the point where I could change-out that rear-end in about an hour, and I had the number to a local JY memorized! Stock Vega/Monza rear ends would last about a week or two, and then for some strange reason(!) they'd would blow-up on me! (Go figure!) So I'd yank 'em out, do a Lincoln Locker on 'em with dad's buzz box, put it back in, and hop-skip around corners for another couple weeks weeks....until I had do it all over again. Got pretty good at stick welding spider gears, that's for sure....

Wish I know then how much I'd miss that car now.

If I run into you at MITP I'll try not to break into my rendition of a certain tune by Sir Mixalot!
Make sure you make it to Keith's FABO meet n greet on Sat. And we all park together and hang out at the hotel after the show.

Like on all women, certain pants look nicer than others.

Make sure you make it to Keith's FABO meet n greet on Sat.
First I've heard of this! Any info you could send my way, PM or otherwise?

And we all park together and hang out at the hotel after the show.
Last I heard Bazza's wife had been in-touch with (someone at the show) regarding the possibility of reserving a spot for Bazza's car near a/the handicap facilities. Fortunately he's to the point where he can walk again, although I'm not sure how far, so I don't know if this is still a "thing".

And I dont know if they've even booked a hotel yet!

Me, I'll just "commute" back and forth, as it's only 45 minutes or so.

(Hmmm. What do y'all do with your cars overnight? I wonder if I should drive his car back to our place for the night....)

Like I tell my wife: All of 'em! :lol:

Seriously though, I got to the point where I could change-out that rear-end in about an hour, and I had the number to a local JY memorized! Stock Vega/Monza rear ends would last about a week or two, and then for some strange reason(!) they'd would blow-up on me! (Go figure!) So I'd yank 'em out, do a Lincoln Locker on 'em with dad's buzz box, put it back in, and hop-skip around corners for another couple weeks weeks....until I had do it all over again. Got pretty good at stick welding spider gears, that's for sure....

Wish I know then how much I'd miss that car now.
I had a friend who put a 327 in a '73. He was like you, could put a JY rear in it with his eyes closed. He eventually put a 12 bolt in it, and then it would rip the suspension arm mounts from the body. So, he put a rear sub frame in it. It held up, but it weighed more than his brother's '68 350 Camaro. :wtf:

Oh, he had side pipes on it, too. It was the easiest way to run an exhaust. No room under those little things.

While I'm hijacking, another friend bought a '74 that had an aluminum 215 Olds, 4spd, and a rear from a V6 Starfire, or something. It didn't have the 327's power, but it ran well. It was well balanced, smooth, and quiet, as compared to that 327 monster, which was nose heavy and loud (but fun!).

-
Back