Street Freaks, Customs, Rods, Street Machines...60's 70's 80's

-
1725483805130.jpeg

It sure is refreshing seeing lots of sidewall and 15" wheels in these pics. Around the year 2000 the big car magazines and their Sunday morning cable TV shows began pushing the "Pro Touring" theme with oversized wheels and low profile tires. It's amazing in a negative way how few wheels and tires that went hand in hand with a muscle car are no longer made..at least in the 15" configuration.

It sure is refreshing seeing lots of sidewall and 15" wheels in these pics. Around the year 2000 the big car magazines and their Sunday morning cable TV shows began pushing the "Pro Touring" theme with oversized wheels and low profile tires. It's amazing in a negative way how few wheels and tires that went hand in hand with a muscle car are no longer made..at least in the 15" configuration.
Formula One and Drag Racing both tried the "less tire more wheel" formula way back in the 80s and said "F&%# this! It don't work!" :soapbox:

Last edited:
Formula One and Drag Racing both tried the "less tire more wheel" formula way back in the 80s and said "F&%# this! It don't work!" :soapbox:
It works if your a cable TV sun morning car show or a high society YouTuber who gets semi loads of sponsor supplied stuff. Hell the more down syndrome those guys make the cars look the more views and money they get.

My buddies and I were at a couple car shows where Kindig was there.he walked right past our cars and didn't even turn his head.

We came to the conclusion that since we don't have 22" wheels we are not in his class.

We even thought about making cardboard cutouts of 22" wheel and tire combos and leaning them up over our tires.

My buddies and I were at a couple car shows where Kindig was there.he walked right past our cars and didn't even turn his head.

We came to the conclusion that since we don't have 22" wheels we are not in his class.

We even thought about making cardboard cutouts of 22" wheel and tire combos and leaning them up over our tires.
I agree, that would have been hilarious! Kind of reminds me of the time a buddy of mine came to a cowboy themed event wearing a huge hubcap(wheel cover) as a belt buckle :lol:
And I hate those huge rims, leave them on the imports. Just my 2c.

Lots a tire !
20180207_105029.jpg
20190924_185821.jpg
20220616_182923.jpg

Formula 1 Superstock N50x15s were affordable brand new for even a 16 year old in the 70s and 80s. Pro trac and Kelly supercharger brands as well. The good ole days!

-
Back