Street lynx outta wack ?

-
Maybe you guys could chime in on this sway bar ?

Gary:

I would be concerned with this swaybar...I don't think it will control much sway as it is too far inboard to allow the pivot bar to wind-up. These end-link style sway bars utilize the torsion of the bar (like the stock front ends) to transfer the load to keep the body parallel to the axle (sway reduction).

To make this sway bar work the end links need to be more towards the axle ends...and the bar (solid or tube?) might be too large. You would be surprised on how much a small bar does its job!

Looks pretty, doesn't do much (except maybe lifting a rear wheel off the ground during very hard cornering!)

Any suspension set-up should be neutralized and measured/re-measured. It's best to set the car on all 4 wheels and start measuring. Use as much triangulation as possible from front to rear and from fixed body mounts. Put a sack of sand in the driver's seat to mock your own weight to get the set-up even more balanced.

You would be surprised how many cars I have seen that have had everything measured from body/frame mounts only to find everything out of square with each other (you've followed those crab-walkers I'm sure).

You can spend a LOT of time to get it right. A drive-on lift is very valuable. I've set-up the race car on the garage floor and can't tell you how many times I have jacked it up and down to make adjustments.

Oh - and other hint. After you jack it up and then back down, jounce each corner several times to get it to settle. Don't be surprised when one of those coil-overs "pops" the coil into the seat during a jounce.

If you are real serious about getting everything neutral, a good set of corner weighting scales is invaluable, makes setting the coils more relevant.

I live on the straightest road in town. Just this street would be a nice ride in a good handing street car. In town is just ridiculous, and the back roads are just down right frightening. One time I did a video project. I did a black, and white film of a huge case of super balls I threw out the back of a pick up. Sound strange but it was really cool to watch.

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2013-12-10-11h24m55s181.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 192
  • hills..jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 192
They drive like idiots out here when the roads are closed.
[ame]http://youtu.be/BUWRO87tARA[/ame]

[ame]http://youtu.be/4AXfaK2HpTA[/ame]

-
Back