Street/Strip 360

-

EXcappa

Reaction score
Hey All,

Just looking for some opinions on this package.
I'm sticking with the current bottom end, stock stroke and the victor 340 manifold.
It is currently 11:1 comp, with have pump 98 readily available here in OZ.

Now I have bought a set of eddy rpm heads that I have just had ported however we are now going to a 2.08 inlet valve and a bit more porting to hopefully pick up a bit more flow.

Current figures with a 2.055 inlet valve are:
inl ex
.200 147 111
.300 205 152
.400 253 186
.500 279 206
.600 288 214
.700 293 219

The engine builder is talking of a cam around 260/264@50 with 600 odd lift SFT.
Solid roller would be good but ill save that for a better build later.

Has anyone got something similar to this?

Thanks.

That's a nice set of heads you've got going. Pretty serious for a street/strip car. I'm sure your builder will make sure the Piston/valve clearance will be fine with the 2.08's.

As far as the cam, how much of a upgrade is it from what you have now? What I'm getting at is, will the torque converter & gearing support a 260* cam on the street? That's going to be a pretty high rpm friendly combo. The intake should be fine for S/S with just 360 cubes, but there is probably a little to be gained by some porting on that if you need more.

I assume your ride is RHD? I'm curious as to what primary sized headers are available for your setup? Anything under 1 3/4" would be leaving a lot of top end power on the table, imo.

Not much help :). Just trying to keep the conversation going...

Hi Rick,

I just checked with the builder....2.08 will be fine with the piston.
The manifold will be ported to suit and a custom stall converter made.
Gearing is 3.89:1. Pipes are 1 3/4 tri Y.

Yep RHD

Sounds like things are coming together nicely.

I have to say, that car is absolutely beautiful. Congrats!!! :thumbrig:. And yes, I'm drooling right now. :)

nice car.....

kind of a large car for something running on the street. We use the Hughes 260/264 FT in our 71 Dart.

nice car.....

kind of a large car for something running on the street. We use the Hughes 260/264 FT in our 71 Dart.

What size cam would you recommend?
I hate whimpy idles, it currently has a 235/237@50 Hydraulic FT and sounds weak.

I have another vehicle, 372 cubes with a 246@50 Hydraulic FT that is fine for street use.

The cam seems a little big for the gears. It is defiantly do-able though. A lot will ride on a good converter. Awesome looking ride Ya got there.

Thanks for the comments.
Ill wait till the heads are flowed with the 2.08 valve and see what the engine builder comes up with.

Other than yours being a stock stroke (and mine being a 340 block), I'd say the setup I'm running is similar to what yours is. Head flow numbers are about the same, 2.06 intake valves, roller cam 266/272 @ .050, .645 lift, 11:1 CR, 91 octane. It lopes nicely with the 106 LSA but no vacuum for power brakes or anything with this cam. I was trying to get the best of both worlds for street and strip so I went with 4.10 gears with the 28" tall tires. Ended up going with an 8" 5500 converter (Dynamic), which, yeah is not a typical converter you'd run on the street. But in actuality it acts very similar to a lower stall converter when cruising around. At 40 mph it runs about 2000 rpm. At 60 it runs 3000 rpm. But what I love about that converter is when you mash the pedal, it lets the motor rev and it screams. I wouldn't change a thing for it being setup as a street/strip car. Just my 2 cents.

-
Back