Street/ Strip 383 Build

-

IRISH RT

Reaction score
Now that I am definetly going 383 stroke Would like to know your proven Combos ,

Valiant A Body 4 Door Weighing 3200lbs with me in it

Parts I have got at the Moment are factory 69 Block , 440-1 Indy alloy Heads and Indy Rockers

727 rebuilt race trans with reverse manual valve body 3500 edge convertor

Ray Barton External oil Pump , Which Im told is useless on a street Application But I thought Might Be Good as It has A third Port For an oil Accumalator,

Was thinking 496 stroker , around 600 to 700HP

All in The Planning at the Moment You Thoughts Combos Welcome

P.s Dont want anyone telling me to go 440 , Cos I have Tried it and Its too tight a fit So Im Happy with my 383 Decision

Thanx in Advance

Put a 499 in the friends Spitzer dragster, makes 803 HP with 499 cubes, breathing thru a mildly prepped set of Indy-1 iron beds. Looks like the engine man did more chamber work, than port cutting. Also, we were told not to try to tune any more power into it, because the stock block won't take what it's making, as is.

Put a 499 in the friends Spitzer dragster, makes 803 HP with 499 cubes, breathing thru a mildly prepped set of Indy-1 iron beds. Looks like the engine man did more chamber work, than port cutting. Also, we were told not to try to tune any more power into it, because the stock block won't take what it's making, as is.

WOW never thought that kind of hp would be achievable but Good to know the limitations, I want some reliability for the street

forged flat top pistons with valve reliefs, moly rings, good damper, gear drive, dual plain or if you prefer a single plain intake, holly 950, flat tapper solid at .600", tti 2" headers, exhaust the same size as the collectors with quiet mufflers and 3.91 or 4.10 gears.

-
Back