Strip Dominator and M1

-
Trick flow was probably busy building SBC heads,
I would think they probably build 1500 pair of SBC heads,
and then make a run of 500 SBM heads.

Most building models for Companys any more is make the sale then build the product.

No cash out and guaranty of profit.

Thats what they were teaching us when I left corporative America.
If trick flow wasn't making any profits then we wouldn't have any thing from trick flow.

I'm just glad that we live in the pinnacle of internal combustion engine performance. All these companies are going to go belly up with the electric cars coming out, unless they seriously have a path to evolve. I can't imagine anyone wanting to seriously modify a Tesla.

TrickFlow was pleasantly surprised and very excited about the Mopar market. Sales exceeded their predictions and this is why they continue to work on and bring new Mopar products to market.

I am not saying that that Trick Flow is not making money and I am not saying that there in not a solid market for their products on the Chrysler side.

I am simply saying that they may be making sales before they produce a product.

I am not saying that that Trick Flow is not making money and I am not saying that there in not a solid market for their products on the Chrysler side.

I’m not sure what is going on in this country right now. I’m on my third month of waiting for Pak springs and retainers for one set of heads. And another customer couldn’t find comp springs for over two months and ended up buying a set I had here that I really didn’t want to sell. This is probably my last year of taking on head work. It’s taking the wind out of my sails to even work on these heads. I’ll probably take some manifold work because they are in and out and get paid. Between buying a few sets of Speedmaster heads and porting and selling them and some LS heads I’d probably be better off.

Thats not what I need to hear? :rolleyes:

Look what I found in my basement! Didn't even know I had it. Woo Hoo!!! And I was contemplating buying the Trick Flow.

IMG_20240304_184228.jpg

IMG_20240304_184201.jpg

Sell it to me and buy the trick flow.

:)

I forget which shootout on intakes maybe engine masters couple years ago
The m1 was down 50 hp they didnt understand why
I always wanted to run the strip dom with spray but with 3.23s stock stall and 27 tire i didnt dare

Good ole “lean manufacturing” it’s a crock. We do it as well and with no overstock you can put yourself in a very serious bind if a line goes down that has “rush metal” I hate it

Do you have pic of casting numbers?

Magnum thermostat or LA?

What’s the story on it? ...Welded up? Something one off not in the catalog?
The part number is on the flange, my friend did make it that way, but you never tell he modified it at all.

Last edited:
I would like to see the floor of that M1. He had to grind the piss out of it to get the angles out.
Here is one that I just sold in stock forum.

It does look cool with the square flange however.

1709961423179.png

Has any one tested hp on a stroker between the strip dominator the 340 victor and the super victor. I heard the 340 victor was more hp than the strip dominator any one got some results on this ?

Has any one tested hp on a stroker between the strip dominator the 340 victor and the super victor. I heard the 340 victor was more hp than the strip dominator any one got some results on this ?
Personally I’d bet on the Victor.

We tested a victor against an m1 intake on a 408 with trickflow heads that was making 527hp. The victor had been mildly ported by the late Larry Smith (intake runner work/plenum blending) and the m1 was untouched. We were surprised they were within a few hp of each other with near identical power curves and peak hp at 6,100. From the testing I have seen the strip dominator and m1 are very close power wise.

The Strip dominator is a small intake, much smaller than a Victor or M1.

-
Back