stroke

-
The box with the grp rods says cb743hd rod bearings.someone wrote it.on mopar sites the cranks with 2.2 journals say use cb743hn.but that bearing doesnt have dowel holes.the cb743hd does.so I guess I should get the cb743hd.the grp rod bearing tabs r close I hope im goin rite direction with this.the rod bearings r over $100.

I wanna race in okc lol there needs to b a mopar on top of that list unlike the chevy powered dart

Need help.I cant find anyone online sayin what bearings they used with 2.200 rod journals.I got cb743hd because thats whats written on the grp rod box and I measured the crank its 2.200 rods

Make sure your block is prepped for a stroker crank. My 400 is a 500 inch. The skirts on the piston go down low enough into the bore that the blocks need to be notched and the bore and hone need to go all the way through. There again I have the BME rods that are large. A good machine shop should know how to do these things.

Let me tell all you fine people one thing, a stock 440 is not a good block for over 650 HP. If you are going to run high horse power 440's get after market main caps, and get the block epoxied. They do not hold up to the Drag Racing stress. I have been racing for over 35 years they will fail you if going with high horse power. Use a 400 Block and stroke it! Or get a 440 race block from Kofels.A 71 400 block is the best I think. Don't waste your time with INDY Engines those guys are *** HOLES, B1 is the ticket. Chow for now

On ebay the cb743hd are $100 the cb743hd-11 or and numbers after the end are $36 whats the differnce here with such a price difference?they are both sets not individual?

finally took crank,cam,rods to machine shop.cant wait to c what i got 496 or 440.may be looking for some stroker pistons.

Machi.est is telling me its a 3 65 stroke?wtf guy said it was a 4.125 has chevy 2.2 rod journals and 20 under main journals im very confuster now

finally took crank,cam,rods to machine shop.cant wait to c what i got 496 or 440.may be looking for some stroker pistons.
ever heard of hughs, or 440 source? read there stuff, u can figure out what to run by what they offer. jfyi

its a 440 lol 3.665 stroke 2.2 rod journals 6.800 length srp 2.062 comp height he said it was destroked but with 55 overbore/the rods\pistons its actually a 440 this thing should be a high rpm screamer and the cam is the mopar 590 solid.full ported 516 heads tm7 intake is where im at.

Confusing I wonder if he didnt factor in being 20 under mains? Or that it has 2.2 rod journals.ive never herd of a 3.665 crank and have 2.2 rods .he said with the overbore it comes out to 440.im confused.cant find anything online about this no help.

I wanna race in okc lol there needs to b a mopar on top of that list unlike the chevy powered dart

We sent Boodie home .He left 3000 here!The car ran 170mph in the 8th but couldn't hook on the street

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZ6fH2PaojM"]Barefoot Ronnie vs Team Boddie - YouTube[/ame]

I guess my 440 is simular to the 404 nascar hemi but it only had 3.558 stroke mine has 3.665.cant wait to get this thing together and on the dyno 4.375 x3.665

I cand find any good info on what I have I gotta find another crank.id rather utilize the 2.2 rods to give me 3.9 stroke instead of the current destroked 3.665.will the 213458 srp pistons Ihave still work?or do iI have to get the stroker piston?thanks

Like it has been mentioned on here, you may want to check with 440 source. They might be able to figure out what you have. They also have decent prices on complete stroker kits. Good luck.

And what's 440soarce gonna do?nothing.I'm gonna have to use what I have.I don't have money for a stroker.I need a balance,rings,bearings my short block will b done.I have a 440 ci destroked 440.3.665 stroke,4.375 bore=440ci.

stroke + rod length + piston compression height = the block deck height or less(sometimes a few thousand more will fit). if so everything you have will work.

it should work,its an oddball thats why its growing on me.i wonder how the 590 mopar cam is gonna work with it.i have ported 516 which will be the choke but it should run good,and see major improvement when i get better heads.i may o ring it to run a handfull of nos.haha.after i buy a dominator it will be mainly complete.

-
Back