Stroker Build with Six Pack

-

Hemispherical

Reaction score
I want to install a new motor in my Dart sometime soonish, and thought a mean R3 racing block small block stroker would be fun. (I've been reading How to Build Big Inch Mopar Small blocks)

Most stroker builds recommend performance heads W2/W9 which aren't compatible with the standard bolt pattern of the Six Pack manifold.

Could anybody point me to solid stroker builds that use production bolt Magnum heads, or advise feasability of machining the Six Pack manifold to work with racing heads?

The idea is that the car would be a v fast street sleeper.

Thanks and regards all

Magnum heads will not attach to any LA manifold, but you can re-drill them to work with one. You also can use any production LA head. The restriction will be the intake in any case. So buying great heads is just wasting money. Have a set of 308 heads done well, set up for a cam that engine will need, some blending and gasket matching, and run them.

I think Edelbrocks for the LA engine ported out would work well with the 6 pack manifold, assuming you have an LA block.

Hemispherical At the risk of sounding like I'm bashing the book..............

The W series heads are best for race applications. W-2 can be used for the street.

On a stroker, the Edelbrocks are a bit on the light side and should be well ported to meet the demand of the stroker engine. With that in mind, you'll probably spend the same amount of lightly preped W-2 heads and have no serious room to expand wiht the Edelbrock heads. The w-2's can be ported father, but not to much more.

However, at these max or close to max level of porting on ethier of these heads, you can go very fast.

If your looking to really whoop it up, I'd look at a set of Indy and equal. The W-9's for the stock block are absoultely killer! Something close to a sledge hammer killing an ant. (Well, most cases at least. LOL )

You can re-drill the 6-pak intake to fit. The attaching bolts are moved outward.

I forget who casts them..But Hughes sells an all new Magnum based casting that seems to flow pretty weel OOTB. The one I looked at had some room for improving, but the specs this shop had (not from Hughes) was 225-230cfm with 1.92 intakes. I can tell you they look real nice. I dont think they will get much past 290 ported, but who knows. Fpr the small chamber and iron look, they may be the next "big deal".

moper said:
I forget who casts them..But Hughes sells an all new Magnum based casting that seems to flow pretty weel OOTB. The one I looked at had some room for improving, but the specs this shop had (not from Hughes) was 225-230cfm with 1.92 intakes. I can tell you they look real nice. I dont think they will get much past 290 ported, but who knows. Fpr the small chamber and iron look, they may be the next "big deal".

Any idea on the price for those?

I held a bare casting in my hands Tuesday. Very nice looking castings, and a quick look over looks like there is a bit of improvement in them too. I think the castings are reasonable. I dont have the exact figure. but I'll find out today or tomorrow.

-
Back