stroker or heads

-

a2000rt2

Reaction score
working on the 360 magnum motor for my valiant and trying to figure which way to go for now.
I'm leaning towards #1 as i could swaps the heads out easier later on and it would only help

current motor mods
- comp cams .506/.506
- 1.6rr rockers and .600 springs
- twin 52 throttle body
- 4 barrel m1 (also have 2 barrel)
- have headers to go in
- a518 overdrive trans
- gearing will be 3.55 or 4.10

1. keep the stock heads with .600 springs and 1.6 roller rockers and put the stroker kit in it
have to buy std bore pistons and rings (have everything except the pistons)
(@ $400)

2. leave the bottom end alone and put a set of the eq heads (or other cheaper head) on it
(@ $800)

I'd do the stroker and add better heads later.

Heads are where power is really made. But its A LOT easier to installs heads than it is a stroker kit. I would do the stroker now, save up and get some real nice heads.

All the stroker is gonna do is move you power band down 500 or so RPMs.

But with your situation I would do the stroker and buy the heads later.

Do both. --
icon14.gif
--

The stroker ought to work well with that OD trans in the car.

Do you have all the parts to populate those bare heads with valves, springs, etc., at that $800 cost?

So you have a stroker crank all ready?

What are your plans for the engine?

the stock heads i have are already ported, and i have everything for the stroker but the pistons , I actually have a set of 60 over but they are for 12:1 comp. its gonna be a street strip car (its a 66 2 door post valiant). I can get the heads complete ready to go with the 600 springs and put my existing rockers on them.

So basically you can't use the heads you have? I don;t understand why you can't get the proper springs in the heads. Is the the lift your giving with the magnum 1.6 rocker ratio? What does the cam MFG recommend for spring?

-
Back