Stroker Recommendations Please

-

75Sport

Grandpa
Reaction score
I could use some advice on rod lengths and piston choices for an all forged 360 LA with a 4.125 crank with a 2.0 pin dia. Block is at zero deck. Would ideally like approx a 10.0 comp ratio. No heads or cam yet.
Thanks,
Dan

I could use some advice on rod lengths and piston choices for an all forged 360 LA with a 4.125 crank with a 2.0 pin dia. Block is at zero deck. Would ideally like approx a 10.0 comp ratio. No heads or cam yet.
Thanks,
Dan

Scat is doing some 4.100 and 4.200 stroke cranks for us right now...CP pistons in the kit with 1.2mm ring package...the 4.200 crank uses a 1.88 journal.
Brian

To get the same great rod ratio as a 360 you would need a 7" rod lol so obvious your gonna have some compromised ratio. First is this strip only or street strip or daily driver?? You got to decide how short of a piston your willing to run a pick a rod that fits.

I seen where they did a dyno test on a 383 Chev 1st with the stock 400 rod I think it's 5.565" ish then the 5.7" then 6" each rod made like 7 hp over the previous one.

Thanks,
Dan

Zero deck? Without pistons?

I have 6.200 Compstars in my 4.125" engine, the pistons are Diamond customs. Depending on your bore Diamond will make two changes at no extra charge. Without the heads buying pistons and expecting the compression to be a certain number without knowing the exact chamber volume is only a guess IMO.

Zero deck? Without pistons?

I have 6.200 Compstars in my 4.125" engine, the pistons are Diamond customs. Depending on your bore Diamond will make two changes at no extra charge. Without the heads buying pistons and expecting the compression to be a certain number without knowing the exact chamber volume is only a guess IMO.
Thanks Justin. Had to square the block to nearly zero deck.
Brian,
Thanks. I inherited the crank its a 4.125. Just was wondering what others have used. I'm planning on callis rods and Diamond pistons. Street use some strip.Dan

Scat is doing some 4.100 and 4.200 stroke cranks for us right now...CP pistons in the kit with 1.2mm ring package...the 4.200 crank uses a 1.88 journal.
Brian
Brian,
As I have the K1 4.125 already with the 2" pin I thought 6.125 rods with custom Diamond pistons. The zero deck reference was to help determine the piston compression height. Thanks Dan

Brian,
As I have the K1 4.125 already with the 2" pin I thought 6.125 rods with custom Diamond pistons. The zero deck reference was to help determine the piston compression height. Thanks Dan

Never mind.

Brian,

Contact Rod Bloomer at BPE.

Callies are overkill for the combo...Scat I beam's are fine. Rod ratio is sooooo overrated! Actually, shorter rods help most combo's and don't change enough to make ANY reliability difference at all.
Mopar guys really try to keep the rod long, but it does nothing for longevity or relieving stress on the bores. Absolutely nothing! There just isn't enough change from 6.123 - 6.250...really not much change in actual forces from 5.7-6.250!
Before anyone tries to argue, make sure you do the math...it's an eye opener.

Brian

Brian

Just,wow... That sounds nice,let us know upon availability & price..

Callies are overkill for the combo...Scat I beam's are fine. Rod ratio is sooooo overrated! Actually, shorter rods help most combo's and don't change enough to make ANY reliability difference at all.
Mopar guys really try to keep the rod long, but it does nothing for longevity or relieving stress on the bores. Absolutely nothing! There just isn't enough change from 6.123 - 6.250...really not much change in actual forces from 5.7-6.250!
Before anyone tries to argue, make sure you do the math...it's an eye opener.

Brian

Thanks Brian. This is what I was looking for. Thanks for your time and expertise. Dan

-
Back