Stroking theory question

-
There's a line at which you meet the point of diminishing returns with anything.... This is why Pontiac's sucked balls and why for the most part they had no street cred whatsoever in the muscle car wars. I know.....here come the Pontiac lovers. But it's true. The Ram Air IV cars even got beat up on by 383 Road Runners.

This is very interesting.

I have heard and I watched some bits on history about the Pontiac & Plymouth wars but I did not know, nor have I heard how bad Pontiac did.

There is just not enough info on the culture's history.

I really thought that the 400's, 455's, Ram-air-this, Ram-air-that, would be tremendous at the track compared to the Plymouth cars. Though I do believe even (abodyjoe's despised: ) F-body Aspen/Volare's were faster than Pontiac's 6.6 liter 400ci firebirds (also an F body???) in 1976 & maybe 77'. Thanks for the info Rob.

Main reason for stroker engines is as people want more and more N/A HP you' ll need to do it through combination of Rpm and displacement. And there's a limit to how much rpm that is practical for any giving application so displacement is the more practical. The most power will be made with over square engines with proper rod ratios but in reality you can only go so large with bore size so square or under square engines is the only practical way of getting large displacement.

Main reason for stroker engines is as people want more and more N/A HP you' ll need to do it through combination of Rpm and displacement. And there's a limit to how much rpm that is practical for any giving application so displacement is the more practical. The most power will be made with over square engines with proper rod ratios but in reality you can only go so large with bore size so square or under square engines is the only practical way of getting large displacement.

I think it was Kaase that has that new 1000 cubic inch block/motor...
?

Go to a college and take an Internal Combustion Engines I and II classes.

It's impossible to explain two semesters worth of classes in a post.......

Karl ICE, classes, do those terms date you brother? Everybody now days re-invents the wheel & terminology. Even math is taught differently. No offense or nothing.

The limiting factor is and always has been the stock block. I don't know many people who can afford 5K for a bare block, so the limitations of the stock block must be dealt with. IMO, the person who shows time and time again on this forum what can be done with a stock block is womanator. That guy flat makes power and hauls ***.

Karl ICE, classes, do those terms date you brother? Everybody now days re-invents the wheel & terminology. Even math is taught differently. No offense or nothing.

No offense taken.

That's what it was called when I took it. You bet I paid attention and didn't miss one class...

But you better know your thermo....

-
Back