Not open for further replies.

pauly

MOPAR or no car!
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for a set of strut rod washers to put a 1973 Dart Sport front end back together. Mine are pretty rusty. I have some off a1970 Duster but they are smaller in diameter. Help!!

Complete front shocks with hardware can be had on rock auto for as little as $13 ea

If you get a kit, they usually come with washers. The '70 washers should work fine too. Are they the original washers or aftermarket. They install differently between the two. The factory ones install with the concave side against the bushing. The aftermarket ones install with convex side toward the bushing.

Factory. I’m putting a 73 K frame in a 70 Duster. The 70 washers are smaller than the 73 ones. Maybe I should order bushing and see how it all ends up.

Don’t need shocks. Need strut bushing washers!
Again

Screenshot_20200726-192107_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20200726-192028_Samsung Internet.jpg

And again, NOT the right part.

Shock washer on the left '73+ strut rod washer on the right. Look a little different don't they?

IMG_9061.jpeg

IMG_9062.jpeg

The new bushing kit will come with new washers. Moog K7068 is what you want. Unfortunately, right now it seems like the Moog K7068 bushing kits are out of stock everywhere. RockAuto doesn't have them, Summit doesn't have them (and cancelled my order), Amazon shows them as "temporarily out of stock", Jegs took my order but it's been a week and nothing as shipped. Napa lists the one piece bushings for the earlier strut rods as being the same as for the later ones, which is of course incorrect. Moog recalled a bunch of stuff (LCA bushings, etc) due to a manufacturing plant switch and bad parts coming out of the new plant, not sure if these are part of that or not.

71wKIeWBMEL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

And again, NOT the right part.
That’s what I’m running into!!
Shock washer on the left '73+ strut rod washer on the right. Look a little different don't they?

View attachment 1715568165

View attachment 1715568166

The new bushing kit will come with new washers. Moog K7068 is what you want. Unfortunately, right now it seems like the Moog K7068 bushing kits are out of stock everywhere. RockAuto doesn't have them, Summit doesn't have them (and cancelled my order), Amazon shows them as "temporarily out of stock", Jegs took my order but it's been a week and nothing as shipped. Napa lists the one piece bushings for the earlier strut rods as being the same as for the later ones, which is of course incorrect. Moog recalled a bunch of stuff (LCA bushings, etc) due to a manufacturing plant switch and bad parts coming out of the new plant, not sure if these are part of that or not.

View attachment 1715568171

I gotcha, sorry guys. My A has a tubular k and does not have those. I do have some (yes, strut rod bushing retaining washers) off a 75 B body. They by chance the same?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back