Stubby oil filter?

-

Meet-Joe-"Dart"

Reaction score
Quick question(I asked this already in my Doug's Headers install thread... in Exhaust forum)Hoping for a quick response:scratch:

I want to replace my 90' oil filter adapter with one that threads directly into the block... and I want to run a short oil filter. Does anyone know part numbers for these items? (I'm not even sure how to describe the adapter-part to the parts counter guys?) THX!!

Fram PH43. Use that number,cross reference for a Wix. Way better filter.

Wix 51515, long 1 qt filter, Wix 51068, shortie

Friends, don't let your friends use Fram filters

Oil Filters
WIX Baldwin Length
51515 B2 5-13/32
51068 B233 4-3/8
51085 B34 3-7/8
51335 B7221 2-9/16

If you can't get your hands on a wix filter,have a look at a motorcraft fl300 filter. The motorcraft filter is short.

Correct if I'm wrong but is this the part you're asking about?

Attachments

• DSCF2425.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 331
Yeah, I think you're looking for something like this

I'd say your cheapest bet would be to hit a u-pull-it salvage yard and pull one off yourself. The ones that I've seen can be taken off with a 3/8" ratchet and extension (the male end of the extension goes inside of the fitting that holds the plate on). Grab the fitting, plate, and gasket...you might be able to reuse the gasket.

Thanks for the replies... I think i'll hit up an autowrecker... I got a price for about 100$ for the straight adapter.

Junk yard it any small block is fair game.
Oil filter wrench, 3/8 drive with extensions, $2.00 fel-pro gasket from advanced auto.

-
Back