stumble

-

ddettloff

Reaction score
Mild build 318 when launched at 4500 it falls on face sounds and feels like its running on just a couple cylinders.
I just noticed a slight miss at higher rpm.
On launch when it stumbles it will regain power after backing off gas pedal then pushed to floor takes off at a loss on what it is.
Replaced coil and put on orange box still same results.
Have one cylinder that is a little oily on plug and running lower compression than other 7 by about 30 lbs.
Any ideas.

check the floats...make sure one is not hanging up....

check the accelerator pump...that is squirting gas as soon as the throttle blades move...

what size are the squirters....

timing?.....

carb is a 1406 eddy about 6 mo old pump shot seems fine fuel delivered as soon as pedal depressed
Timing set at 20 inital

I wouldn't think the accelerator pump would need to be replaced after only 6 months of use (assuming low ethanol fuel used or fuel additives to help stop the effects of ethanol on the fuel system). But I could tell a night and day difference this weekend after doing a rebuild on my swinger. Granted its only a 1 barrel but everything looked good when hitting the gas (squirters had good flow) but it seemed to die when I pushed the gas. $35 in a rebuild kit, like $20 in a gal pal of carb clean to soak everything in and about an hour taking it apart and putting it back together gave me a brand new car.

I just tried to adjust air fuel mixture turned screws in all the way the right side did not have any effect on car , guess must be dirty will start with carb rebuild

-
Back