stumbling suddenly

-

terry

Reaction score
hi folks i have 360/380 crate motor with a 750 holley vacum secondarys. car ran fine for about fifty miles then shut it off for an hour. started it up idles fine, starts fine but as i pressed the pedal it just stumbled in all four gears.
check plugs,float level,fuel pressure,timing 15 degree's intional,35 total. but the only thing that concerned me was trying to adjust the carb i could only get 9 inches of vacum. at best. and i also changed fuel filters.
maybe jets are blocked ?? again car ran great prior to shut off
terry

Did it backfire when shut off, and blow off a vacuum hose,, or did it get wet?

after it stumbles,, does it go good, or keep stumbling?

you measured vacuum now,, what was it before??

inertia,no backfire did not get wet,vacum lines still attached and it keeps stubling throughout the rpm range. its been so long since i checked the vacum with a gauge i don't remember what it was. but i do know it wasn't this low
pettybludart, i have a holley electric fuel pump. my issue is still there when motor is cold. so i will rule out vapor lock

no work done to the car. last time i drove it was maybe a month ago.it ran fine for maybe fifty miles before i shut it off

i do know that i have a solid 6 pounds of fuel pressure while i'm driving but maybe the flow from the pump is weak?

i put another holley 750 on the car and it runs great.sometimes it pays to have a spare.i'll open up the first holley and see what i may find

-
Back