Stupid people!

-
,,,I too drove 3 hours (one way) in 2005 on B roads with my brother in law..I was told that the car was road ready but I rented a car towing trailer anyway..when you are on B roads..you don't want to break down....and the pictures of the car look great..I was also concerned about numbers matching ..I didn't want a British kit car..

When we got there, I couldn't find the car ..so I was led to the backside of a barn..no way was that the car I was buying... the rear axle was beside the car..the engine was partially stripped down and it wasn't the correct engine..the radiator was dust..the rust on the otside was fixable bit when I got in..other than the floor rot ..the two front pilllers were almost gone !! I have never set eyes on that before.....we were pretty pissed but were pleasant and we inquired if he would take a bit less since it wasn't quite in the same condition as advertiesed..he would not..though he was giving us a deal because it was a rare car. Thank goodness I didn't give him a deposit like he wanted.

I came home and wipped a letter off to the organization that he was advertising in....they were not keen dropping a paying custoner but when they saw the pics, it was the end from him.

I learned my lesson with cost me 6 hours pulling a traler and the cost of the trailer.

Prople like these can ruin take the fun out of this hobby.

Ian.

-
Back