Subframe Connectors

-

dickey_440

Reaction score
I just purchased my first Mopar, a 73 dart swinger. I am looking to put some bolt on subframe connectors on the car then have them welded in, and was hoping to get some input. I have looked at summit and jegs and was wondering if any of you have gone that route. Any info/input would be great.

Thanks.

Do a search here you will find all kinds of info on Sub frame connectors including different designs. There is also a guy selling them in the for sale section he makes them. He may be able to adapt his to bolt in for ya. If your going to weld them in his would be great and not to bad on price.

Do a search here you will find all kinds of info on Sub frame connectors including different designs. There is also a guy selling them in the for sale section he makes them. He may be able to adapt his to bolt in for ya. If your going to weld them in his would be great and not to bad on price.

Do u have a link to the guys who makes them?

Make your own,mine cost $23 to make and installed myself.:D

That is another option too. Wouldnt take much to make them. Thats what Im doing. Bigblockdart has a good tech page on making them and Search for threads posted my be in one of my threads Mad Dart has some good post on making them

I saved these that pettybludart built for his 66 Very fast Dart
This is what I will be doing, Thank you pettybludart.

Attachments

• car%20pics%2066%20Dart%20071.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 616
  • car%20pics%2066%20Dart%20075.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 554
  • car%20pics%2066%20Dart%20076.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 616
HaHa,dam MeMike that,s an old pic!
Yes they are :D and just look how well they have held up in your monster small block early A 66 Dart :cheers: I bet they are nicely painted now :thumblef:

like others have said. make your own. i bought a set from ma-mopar and sent em right back. they were **** for $189. i went a bit overboard and used 3x3 square tube but they are stiff as hell. mine came thru the floor in the rear section but it did not effect anything in doing so. mine cost me roughly 50 bucks and are stronger in my opinion than any you can buy.
newdownload131.jpg

newdownload132.jpg

newdownload098.jpg

bigblockdart113.jpg

bigblockdart021.jpg

bigblockdart017.jpg

2x3 .120wall square tube, heat it up and bend it with a tubing bender if you don't want it coming through the floor. Less the $50 and a hell of a lot stronger then the bolt in ****.

100_2866.jpg

100_2863.jpg

100_2862.jpg

100_2858.jpg

2 x 3 x .125 subframe connectors ...and they dont come thru the floor on 71 dart..

Attachments

• Picture 463a.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 510
  • Picture 464a.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 468
Thanks for the replies, im taking it to a machine shop after work to see if they will fabricate some for me. I would love to try it myself but lack the tools/welding experience.

Thanks for the replies, im taking it to a machine shop after work to see if they will fabricate some for me. I would love to try it myself but lack the tools/welding experience.

its a great way to learn...... i did mine with a cheap 110v 140amp mig welder. mine were my 3rd welding project. you tube has some pretty informative videos.

I know the best way of attaching subframe connectors is by welding but has anyone trying fastening a set with epoxy and bolts? I thought it might make the frame stiffer than bolts alone.

Mine are designed and built just like yours, and I didn't like the flimsy aftermarket stuff either.
Mine are 085 wall 2x3 laying flat.

What a MAJOR difference in the feel of the car, especially around corners and in and out of parking lots.

I saved these that pettybludart built for his 66 Very fast Dart
This is what I will be doing, Thank you pettybludart.

Mine are designed and built just like yours, and I didn't like the flimsy aftermarket stuff either.
Mine are 085 wall 2x3 laying flat.

What a MAJOR difference in the feel of the car, especially around corners and in and out of parking lots.

So you don't have to race your car to feel a noticeable improvement? Anyone feel the same way?

-
Back