subframe connectors

-

slantscamp

Reaction score
well ive got another subframe connector question. i have a 75 scamp, which i believe is the 111" wheelbase. ive been looking for subframe connectors but some companies only list up to 74. competition engineering list some that say duster/demon up to 76. i thought the platforms of all these cars were the same. can anyone verify which ones should work for me?

If you have a saws-all and some steel cutting blades and a welder, available to you, I would go to the nearest local steel supplier and pick up a couple of pieces of 2"x3" .125 wall thickness box tube and a couple pieces of 2" wide by 6" long plate 1/8" or 3/16" thick, and build your own. You'll have less than $50 max into them, and you'll be able to say you did it yourself.

have u tried mancini racing makes a-body subframe connectors, have u looked at their catalog?

I built mine for about $40 using the BBD guidelines. Steel is getting crazy expensive. I think a 20' stick of 2x3 .125 cost me $66 a few months ago. Not long ago the same stick cost about $30.

Keep in mind that some say you don't have to cut the floorpan for the BBD connectors. On my 70 Dart, I would have needed to cut the pan which was unacceptable. I got them in using a rather crude technique which I'm not happy with at all. Sucks when you are pressed for time and can't engineer things the way you'd like. If you have torque boxes, that throws another monkey wrench in the plan.

If I was going to do them again, and I will, I'd step the bars at the rear footwells. If you look at the Mancini bars, that's why they have the long side plates that attach to the rear rails. This is to keep them from intruding into the rear floorpan area.

Has anyone ever used the ones from Magnum HP?

OneHellOfADart had the Magnum force bars in his car.

I had the Mopar bars on my Barracuda. They hit the floor pans so they didnt really sit right. I would have had to cut the floor to get them in.

Are there any connectors anyone can recommend where you can still utilize your e-brake? Cars a 4spd so I need one. I mocked a buddies set of bolt on ones up to the car and they blocked the cables completely...I guess I could redrill and move the cable mounts but dont really want to do that either. Any ideas

Dusters are 108" wheelbase.

I moved the e-brake cable location in the torsion bar crossmember on my 4 speed Dart. Just drill a hole to accept the fitting. IIRC, there is a hole on on side of the x-member, drill a hole opposite and your good to go.

Will have to look at that...that easy eh? Didn't really pay that much attention. Thanks.

-
Back