subtitles

-

navcadpilot

Reaction score
I don't understand why there are subtitles or off topic comments with each thread on the forums. They provide no value and some are just wrong.

Joey,
I copied and pasted this from a recent thread .

"Smart men don't tell you how smart they are. Rich men don't tell you how rich they are. Tough men don't tell you how tough they are. Honest men don't tell you how honest they are. Christian men don't tell you how righteous they are. Con men do."

It appears with a thread with my ID on it and I don't appreciate it.
Why specify Christian men? What about Jewish men or Muslim men or Athiest men?

In my mind there is no place for religion in an automotive forum and I don't appreciare it, especaiily when my name is associated with it.

In my mind there is no place for religion in an automotive forum and I don't appreciare it, especaiily when my name is associated with it.

without seeing the link to the thread its kind of hard to understand what exactly your referring to. I searched for it and dont see anything with your name attached to it.

Joey,
I am referring to the thread in the slant 6 forum on May14 at 11:45 AM
I'm sorry to be a pain but I simply don't like to see things attached to my name that I didn't approve of
John

Joey,
I am referring to the thread in the slant 6 forum on May14 at 11:45 AM
I'm sorry to be a pain but I simply don't like to see things attached to my name that I didn't approve of
John
It’s not attached to your name. It is the signature line of someone who quoted you in their response. Namely, Rusty Rat Rod.

Signature lines are a way for people to inject a bit of personality in their comments. Mine is very detailed about my preferences and includes a link to my build thread. I believe there is a way to turn them off, but they've existed on forums and mailservs since the dawn of the Internet.

So, if you built your own signature line, why is there one on my threads that I didn't build?

So, if you built your own signature line, why is there one on my threads that I didn't build?

Nobody attached it to your name or your thread. If you look in this thread, many of us have signature lines.

I think what we are running into here is a lack of understanding of basic forum etiquette and terminology. You created a thread, but individuals respond to it. Those individuals have signatures below their posts.

Mine is right below the sentence you are reading right now.

Another thing. It is easy for your response to be included in someones quoted text. It happens a lot.

-
Back