Such as thing as factory power windows on a 2-door '74?

-

Super T

Thisfieldistooshort
Reaction score
I've yet to come across window motors that would work on a '74 Scamp... Is there really no such beast? Will they swap from a different year/model?

Yeah they came with power windows. gonna be hard to find a donor though. They were rare.

Yup. There's a guy in the Middle Georgia Mopar Club used to have a 4 door Dart with power windows. Seen the car myself many times.

No Dart, Demon, Dart Sport, Duster, Valiant or 64-69 Barracuda ever came with power windows from the factory. It was never offered.

No Dart, Demon, Dart Sport, Duster, Valiant or 64-69 Barracuda ever came with power windows from the factory. It was never offered.

yup. it was on the fender tag and the build sheet. I've seen and sat in the car several times as have several members of the club. Chris and Thomas Ritchie had that car. Sold it to some guy up north that actually had Galen hisself document the thing. It was factory. Car was pretty well known around here for a long time.

But not just "rare enough that it'll take time to find," we're talking "unicorn rare." Got it!

Don't use anything that's not Mopar as it may work and then where will ya be?

LMAO. I just don't want to F with it if I don't have to... OEM regulators would obviously work with the least amount of effort (assuming they actually worked period). Oh well!

Stroker,
I have never seen anything in any Chrysler paperwork showing a power window option on an A-body nor have I ever heard of or seen an A-body with power windows. I worked at a C/P dealership for 4 years (70-74) and nobody ever mentioned them.
I am not saying that it is not possible that some shenanigans might have happened on the assembly line or sometime later on, but I would love to see the documentation.

Stroker,
I have never seen anything in any Chrysler paperwork showing a power window option on an A-body nor have I ever heard of or seen an A-body with power windows. I worked at a C/P dealership for 4 years (70-74) and nobody ever mentioned them.
I am not saying that it is not possible that some shenanigans might have happened on the assembly line or sometime later on, but I would love to see the documentation.

i hear what yer sayin cause I ain't ever seen anythingon paper about anywhere either. somebody told me the same thing I told you and I aint ever seen the car i wouldda said they were crazy as hell....but I've seen the car.....and a bunch of other people have too. after seen it, I just figured that they made um and never really thought anything about it. after seein this thread though....I've been lookin for proof on the net and there aint any. LOL maybe that's why that guy called Galen in? If I remember right, the car was a '73. It had a beak, I do remember that much. the Ritchie boys are kinda known around here for findin really unusual cars to begin with. Chris also had a factory 74 360 4 speed Dart. I aint ever seen another one of them either.

I saw a brown 4 door Dart with power windows several years ago. I dont know what year model it was.
That car also had a 60/40 split bench in the front. The fold down center arm rest moved with the drivers side. There had to be 4 tracks under that bench. Only one of those I've ever seen too. That ugly brown car had a/c, cruise control, rear defrost, fully loaded. It had been hit in the left quarter. Its K member was sitting on a wheel and the front disc brakes were gone. 318 started and ran fine. Offered to me at 500 bucks and I left it sitting there. DOH

I do remember that the Dart "SE" model around '75 was pretty plush, they had wheelcovers that mimicked Mercedes. Maybe power windows was an option on those but I've never seen it personally.

-
Back