Sugestions and tips on working on my Guage cluster/dash

-

1966 dart wagon

Reaction score
Well i pulled the cuda's dash out and i wanna paint it(where the guages sit) i have a little piece missing in the right bottom corner how could i make one of these, perhaps use some fiberglass/ along with slight filler to fill the missing piece and there is a hole drilled right by it too i wanna patch that, its not a show car just a cruiser(well a fast one :p ) i was thinking all black then some light silver around where the wiper/lights switches are.

sugestions on sand paper to use, i think i wanna keep the light roughness in the top part of the dash. I saw John's dash (fastback340) that looked good :thumbup: and also i broke a piece off of my guage cluser in the back one of the pins

0318071225.jpg

I would like to see some folks respond because I need to redo mine in the near furture.

well i asked my dad and i ended up using a scotch brite pad and it worked awesome, took the old nasty looking chrome area off w/o hurting the plastic so no scratches sure it may take longer but no scratches :thumbup: i saw john's (fasback340) and really liked that i may go with something similar, i dont wanna copy his completly well...maybe with permission :) i'll get pics up later on how its looking already, looks good

I just finished prepping mine by hand using steel wool; first #2, then #000. A lot of work, but a very nice result. Took all the paint off, but the textured finish in the top half stayed intact.

swinger said:
I just finished prepping mine by hand using steel wool; first #2, then #000. A lot of work, but a very nice result. Took all the paint off, but the textured finish in the top half stayed intact.
o really thanks for the tip, i wanted to keep the texture now i know how to, thanks man :thumbup:

-
Back