Suggestions for re-jetting my ThermoQuad?

-

Bill Crowell

Reaction score
My 360 has 10.5:1 compression, ported "J" heads, 2.02" intakes, Chrysler "narrow body application" exhaust manifolds, an Edelbrock Performer intake and a Comp Cams cam with 292 degrees of duration at .006 tappet lift and 244 degrees of duration at .05. My carburetor is a ThermoQuad 9094, with primary jets 4099, secondary jets 5137, metering rod 2103 and the 1-1/2" secondary bores.

I like the way the car runs with the TQ and the Performer intake, but it's running a little too phat. It fouls the plugs after awhile. Would you have any suggestions as to what different jets and metering rod I should try in the TQ?

Or maybe suggestions as to how I can determine what the correct jets would be?

Thanks

My 360 has 10.5:1 compression, ported "J" heads, 2.02" intakes, Chrysler "narrow body application" exhaust manifolds, an Edelbrock Performer intake and a Comp Cams cam with 292 degrees of duration at .006 tappet lift and 244 degrees of duration at .05. My carburetor is a ThermoQuad 9094, with primary jets 4099, secondary jets 5137, metering rod 2103 and the 1-1/2" secondary bores.

I like the way the car runs with the TQ and the Performer intake, but it's running a little too phat. It fouls the plugs after awhile. Would you have any suggestions as to what different jets and metering rod I should try in the TQ?

Or maybe suggestions as to how I can determine what the correct jets would be?

Thanks

I don't anything about the TQ but always willing to help. See if this might shed some light on the subject. Scoll down to jetting. You know what jets you have so you can always step down two sizes and try it there. Keep going until you find the right size.

http://www.carburetor.ca/Tech/Carter/tqguide-Vaanth.html

I had plugs fouling out, tried jetting my Holley leaner, a hotter plug helped but still the motor could be running smooth but when I change the plugs I notice some were always a bit black. I thought it was from oil burning-and maybe so.

But after I switched ignition boxes from a MSD 6 to a MSD 7, the plugs-all of them-stayed nice and clean.

I solved my plug fouling problem by upgrading my ignition.

go to thermoquads.com its run by a guy who posts at moparts.com. supposedly sells parts too.

Thermoquads.com is Member Demon Sizzler. send hi a PM or email him. He can set you up.

Bill, I would ask Demon Sizzler for jets. But rods can only be had from old carbs.

I, myself, would figure out what rods I have in the T-Q now and order up AFB rods to be bent approx. 3/4 inch shorter.

To figure out what jet and rod combo you would need, I would need air fuel ratios and you could get a better idea on what percentage change would be a good start. You'll probably only need 3 - 4 % max change. Thats actually alot.

(A Weiand Action Plus is a better suited intake for this engine. It is T-Q freindly.)

-
Back