Suggestions to contain rubber from burn outs

-
Mix up some dish soap (dawn) in a spray bottle. Spray on, let dry, when your done spray it all off with a garden hose. I just use good car wax.

As crazy as it sounds use KY Jelly. Water soluble, rinses off easy, doesn't stay on your paint long term like some of the others. You want to stay FAR away from anything Silicone based. It will cause fish-eyes galore when you go to paint the car later if you don't get it all off before starting your initial block sanding. I just use a square sponge as an applicator and will do a refresh once or twice a night depending how many runs I am getting in. One application is good for 10 to 12 runs depending how wet your track keeps the waterbox.

buy a ford, then you wont have to worry about burning rubber on your
He will have to worry about doing them
In the first place.

Wipe it down with vaseline before burnouts, wipes right off afterwards.
I'm not sure I want to go there....
I put the "painters tape" on the rear quarters and on the lips of the wheelwells after racing i just peel it off and throw it away has NEVER hurt the paint..:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Good idea.

Wasn't there an actual coating to spray on JUST for this issue?

Wasn't there an actual coating to spray on JUST for this issue?

Yes, it was called burnout guard I believe, made by the same company that made window dial-in, I think the company is called Geddex?

If the guys in Stock Eliminator and Pro Stock have not been able to solve it, it's probably gonna be tough.

Problem solved.

WP_20170109_21_44_07_Pro.jpg

Im not saying my way is the only way, but if you want something that works 100%, doesnt harm your paint, and is quick and easy then here you go.

1. Wax the rear lower quarters good. Make sure they are good and clean before waxing. You will only need ot do this occasionally.

2. After buffing the wax away, you have a good base to work with.

3. Now spray soak a clean soft cloth in Pledge. Yes, the same Pledge that you dust your furniture with at home.

4. Wipe this liberally on the area where you do not want the rubber build up.

When the race is over, take a dry rag and wipe away what little rubber is there. It will not be very much at all, and will fall off at the touch of the rag. Works very well. A guy at our track has a show quality Stingray Corvette from the early 70's, and he showed this trick to a few of us. Lot of guys doing it now.

This works great. I tried it over several weeks and the little build up can be wiped off no problem. Thanks

QUOTE="71gtdart, post: 1971526612, member: 31196"]Im not saying my way is the only way, but if you want something that works 100%, doesnt harm your paint, and is quick and easy then here you go.

1. Wax the rear lower quarters good. Make sure they are good and clean before waxing. You will only need ot do this occasionally.

2. After buffing the wax away, you have a good base to work with.

3. Now spray soak a clean soft cloth in Pledge. Yes, the same Pledge that you dust your furniture with at home.

4. Wipe this liberally on the area where you do not want the rubber build up.

When the race is over, take a dry rag and wipe away what little rubber is there. It will not be very much at all, and will fall off at the touch of the rag. Works very well. A guy at our track has a show quality Stingray Corvette from the early 70's, and he showed this trick to a few of us. Lot of guys doing it now.[/QUOTE]

-
Back