Sumitt Universail Radiator

-
Before you make a final decision, check out the aftermarket radiators at SpeedwayMotors.com. I bought a NICE aluminum triple core crossflow from them, and a beautiful billet recovery tank too, for about $200.

Checked out there site, didnt see any for under $200. I also have a Sumitt gift card, so i was hoping to use it on this.

i would like to order this today, it will be for a 318 thats modified. Anyone?? i need to know what size.

We haven't installed them yet. Set the radiator in just to see if it lined up ok. No motor or tranny in the dart yet.

i got one of those in my dart but i cant remember what size (i think it was the 26 incher). why dont you just measure the space that you have?? thats what i did...

I've got one in my Duster, it's this one:

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=SUM-380425&N=700+0&autoview=sku

26 inch wide, 19 inch high, no tranny cooler. I've got an external B&M cooler for that.

I wound up making my own brackets for it, so the install was pretty easy. And it makes a huge difference in cooling.

100_2963.jpg

100_2964.jpg

100_2965.jpg

Here's the opposite inlet/outlet configuration in my 70 Duster. Fits great. Can't tell you about cooling yet as I haven't ran it.

P1010095.JPG

Got one for My 72 part # SUM-380459
Bought it way back when will be installed late summer when I swap out the motor.Looks real good mounting tabs tranny cooler and all . Only thing is the tranny cooler lines run vertically on the pass side so will have to fab-up some
extensions. I was impressed with the overall quality though...

The quality on them is very good, they're made by Griffin (I think). Mine has a label on it, I'm pretty sure that what it says... (been a while since I've seen it).

If your asking me. Mine's still in the box but I saw a duster @ Mopar alley rallye that had done it. does'nt look too difficult I took lotsa pics...

would like to see them if you could. Im looking for a quick easy fix. i wonder if you could use a rubber hose, like the ones that come with the tranny cooler, for a rig job, quicky, until i could get the tubing and bender.?

If you PM me an e-mail I'll send them to ya .
My camera's pics are too large to post and ...
Well I guess I'm just kinda lame and never bothered to learn how to re-size them. I think rubber hose would work temporarily but the tranny fluid would eat away at the hose after awhile.

Ok so on the slant, the radiator has upper right(driver) and lower left(passanger) How are you guys using the oppisite? which is the actual outlet on my car. I thought it was the top (thats where the t-stat is) Help!!!!Please

I just put one of the summit rads in my dart. Not sure if you got yours yet or not but they work well. Mine came in a Northern Box. Bolted up alright wasn't exactly direct fit but got it to work anyway. If you need more info let me know .

-
Back