Summer Break In The 1970s

-
I sure do miss those days. I could’ve been any one of those kids, and did everything shown in the video. Brings a tear to my eye to think that those days are gone.

IMG_8029.jpeg

I sure do miss those days. I could’ve been any one of those kids, and did everything shown in the video. Brings a tear to my eye to think that those days are gone.
Yup. We were the last ones and didn't even know it.

Awesome video and so true! Can't say how many forks I bent or broke jumping stuff on my bike. :thumbsup: Cutting trails thru the woods to ride on...just great times for sure!

Awesome video and so true! Can't say how many forks I bent or broke jumping stuff on my bike. :thumbsup: Cutting trails thru the woods to ride on...just great times for sure!
I’m sure you did as we did, cut the forks off of our parts bike and pound them onto the forks of our “good” bike! Instant chopper! Until you popped a wheelie and the forks and tire flew off and you had to land with no landing gear. Kinda looked like that landing by the kid jumping his bike. Stand up, dust yourself off, and celebrate! Those were the good old days

I’m sure you did as we did, cut the forks off of our parts bike and pound them onto the forks of our “good” bike! Instant chopper! Until you popped a wheelie and the forks and tire flew off and you had to land with no landing gear. Kinda looked like that landing by the kid jumping his bike. Stand up, dust yourself off, and celebrate! Those were the good old days
I had an older sister who never really rode her bike. So her bike became one of my "trail bikes". That girl bike frame was much more "friendly" when you had a hard landing!!

I grew up in the Sierra Nevada mountains, so when I was around other kids it was when school was in.

During summer break I was cutting and hauling firewood with my Dad, or fixing some piece of equipment for when winter came again.

Other than that I was out hunting, fishing or riding one of my dirt bikes in the national forest.

-
Back