Summer Road Trip Pictures

-

Mako21

Reaction score
So with the help of a bunch of good people on this website, I've resurrected and learned a lot with my first ever classic car and finally took it on a road trip.

With all the Russia/Ukraine news, I found an interesting article about abandoned remote missile sights from the cold war era in the Florida everglades. These missile silos were operated by the US army during the 1960's through 1970's ready to be fired within minutes to protect the US from Russian/Cuban entanglements.

So we did a road trip out to the everglades to check it out. Specifically you can google the area its called "HM69 Nike Missile Base". We also went ahead and checked out an alligator show too.

The Dart ran great, only had to pull over to tighten the Powersteering Gear Box vibrated loose and was clunking on the K frame (my fault- didn't tighten it down correctly when I installed it) and somehow the rear right wheel picked up a small rock which was lodged and bouncing inside between the wheel and hubcap making a horrible clink clank clunk noise against the hubcap. When I took off the hubcap and the rock fell out, it was a big relief.

Hopefully more road trips to come. Enjoy the photos guys.

IMG_3162.jpg

IMG_3163.jpg

IMG_0584.jpg

IMG_0580.jpg

IMG_0578.jpg

IMG_0577.jpg

IMG_0573.jpg

078299A6-3837-439B-B231-25F22871DD7B.JPG

View recent photos.jpg

Neato pictures man! Reminds me of a 70s vacation trip!

Very cool. In my opinion, traveling the old highways in a classic car is an irreplaceable experience.

Nice. Setting up a road trip from South Carolina to South Dakota to pick up the 68 Formula S. Nice Idea. My best friend form high school is going with me. We did our first road trip together from Stamford CT, to South Dakota 50 years ago. Looking forward to it.

-
Back