summit carbs

-

duster rege

Reaction score
Who makes them just got 1 brand new in box 600 dual fed putting on 318 mild cam lifters headers action plus double roller chain new rings hone .Got it cheap r they ok?

Not sure who makes em, I have one on my car, it seems to run pretty good.

Wow, your combo is very close to mine, LOL. I run the same intake as well.

Attachments

• Weiand.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 441
I still wonder why people buy new carbs for mild applications, it's like their aren't ad's on craigslist for rebuildable cores for pennies or something. Carb money burns holes in peoples pockets, it seems.

It looks EXACTLY like this weird holley carb I have in the garage.

downsized_0326131625_zps7d4c8e9b.jpg

Instead of the floatbowls being removable the whole top comes off like an edelbrock. Couldn't find ANY info on it though. Don't know much else about it, brought it to the parts store and he said they couldn't get a rebuild kit for it. On the bright side if summit just copied it i can finally get a rebuild kit for it!

It looks EXACTLY like this weird holley carb I have in the garage.

downsized_0326131625_zps7d4c8e9b.jpg

Instead of the floatbowls being removable the whole top comes off like an edelbrock. Couldn't find ANY info on it though. Don't know much else about it, brought it to the parts store and he said they couldn't get a rebuild kit for it. On the bright side if summit just copied it i can finally get a rebuild kit for it!

SirDan, if it's square bore, Mdl. 4010.....spread bore, Mdl. 4011.

4010's were avail. in 600 & 750 cfm..........4011's were avail. in 650 & 800 cfm.
I still think kits are available.

Looks like they show the same kit for all of them.

http://www.holley.com/37-1541.asp

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hly-37-1541

Do you have the list# off of it?

I believe (and hope) the Summit carbs have a SOLID baseplate instead of the 4010's spiderweb baseplate what would not seal to anything. Annular booster, copy of a Holley 4010, based on an autolite 4100. $100 for a new carb is awesome. Mechanic once told me "never buy a used Holley 4bbl".....

Ah I was reading the wrong numbers

on the choke horn it says

R84010

I was searching the 1618:banghead:

Guess its a 4010

Ah I was reading the wrong numbers

on the choke horn it says

R84010

I was searching the 1618:banghead:

Guess its a 4010

Yep....Stock specs from Holley's technical library,

600 cfm
67 primary jet
75 secd jet
6.5 power valve
.026 accel pump nozzle
"purple" secondary spring

Ran a 600 double pumper,4010 style. 302 ,5 spd ford. Good throttle response,decent piece.

They are based on the old Ford holley carbs with the weak points being improved on. Never tried them but heard good things about them on the Ford forums (I was bored one night, ha ha)

They have their quirks,not bad. Can't do the traditional Holley4150/60 ,tune on them.

ran a 750 4010 on a 71 340 xhead duster with ld340 intake with a lotta port an polish an cc'ing an 0 deck with 500 lift,....was a beast! hard to cruize easy,..loved WOT!!! was unreal from 3500 to 7000,...had to grab dem gears quick!!

Bought one (summit brand) for a 360 build that I was doing, but wound up bolting it to my 318. The carb was great, jetted it down a little, but worked great, no flat spots, pulled hard, got better fuel economy than the 500 edelbrock it replaced. Probably going to buy another one, for my 360 now.

I've got one of those Holleys (as a DP). It's a 600 that i've had for at least 15 years, it's never had a kit through it in that time. It seems to work well on everything. At the moment it's on a 361 big block, but ive had it on small block and six cylinders and it's been great. I love that they can sit on a shelf for years and you can bolt them on and they still work.

I still wonder why people buy new carbs for mild applications, it's like their aren't ad's on craigslist for rebuildable cores for pennies or something. Carb money burns holes in peoples pockets, it seems.
Because rebuilding a carb is not in everyone's ability. Also actual space a d tools may not be on hand. Also, while you state there are a ton of good cores to use out there, I myself pie base about 7-10 carbs before I find one that is good enuff for a rebuild and not the trash.

Most people selling there junk as a decent part that is rebuildablenshould have thrown it in the trash.

A brand new carb is the best bet hands down the best way to go by way of time and Agravation.

-
Back