Summit Racing 3" exhaust system

-

67barracuda

Reaction score
My TTI 3" system with Dynomaxers, and turndowns,is just right,in my; 68FormulaS-367,4spd, fb.
Reasonably quiet at part throttle,and idle; screams like a Banshee at WOT from 4K to 7K; no drone;and acceptably quiet at hi-way speeds with 2.73s to 3.23s.
The 3.55s are about my limit for cruising noise; This is about 3000 rpm depending on tire height,etc. I solved that with an o/d, and tall tires, and now cruise with 3.55 x .78 = 2.769s. This makes 2236 @ 65mph, and is a very nice, cruise-all-day place to be.After 65, wind noise overpowers the exhaust noise.
On one trip to the CarCraft Nationals in Minneapolis (2004), from Winnipeg Manitoba, we followed a Corvette for hours. He was really moving. We rolled the windows up and put our hearing protection on.We made it home in record time.

Decide to go with Jegs 2.5" kit and some ultra flows.
Its hard to tell how loud the 3" systems are in sound clips, but I did find a lot of threads asking about how to quiet one down. Also, at that same problem with the other bb barracuda, but it dumped in front of rear axle.

Anyone else use this 2.5" kit?

Is it going on a 67 cuda? I used the summit system on a 67 cuda and the side where the gas tank is tight to the rail is very tight with a 2.5"

I have Summit's 2.5" kit in my Duster with a pair of welded Ultra-Flo's. Sounds great! Loud, but not unbearably loud. Really sounds awesome when you get into it.

As for fit and installation, I installed it myself. It was pretty easy, no major problems at all. The hangers that come with the kit for the tail pipes don't really work all that well, they're like a plastic insert that goes into the rear frame rails. I had to replace those after a couple months. But the rest of the kit was great. I did have to do some trimming of the midpipes to get the system to fit, but all that was needed was to cut a few inches off of a couple of pipes. Probably because it's the same kit for both the 108" and 111" wheelbase cars. Plus it's better to have a little extra anyway, just test fit it first, decide where you need the bends to be and trim accordingly. It's also intended to work with Hooker Headers, but it bolted right up to my Doug's headers. It's a great deal for $250, I'll be buying another kit for my Dart when I'm ready to do exhaust for it.

Here's a clip of my Duster at idle...

[ame]https://youtu.be/62bjHlxzsoA[/ame]

Yes it going on a 67 barracuda. The jegs kit is the same as summit just no mufflers. I didn't want the summit turbo mufflers. I have the springs move it under the rails, so I was planning on using a s-bent pipe to steer through and round the rear spring.
Like this one except moving it out side the springs.

Attachments

• 20120722_183558_zpsxi3smopf.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 281
Mine fit fine with the 1/2" offset spring hangers/shackles on my car, but I don't have a full 3" relocation on any of my cars so I'm no help there.

-
Back