Summit's 340/360 to /6 K-member conversion Kit 60$ (Thumbs up)

-

IndianaDodge

Reaction score
I just installed the Summit motor mount conversion kit 340/360 to /6 K-member on my 70 Dart. It works well for only 60$ Two thumbs up!

The only problem I am having is that my Saginaw power steering unit hits the front of my driver side engine perch on the K frame. It doesnt allow much room for adjustment or tension for the belt. The high presure line hits the perch...

Attachments

• Summit mounts 1.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 917
  • Summit mounts 2.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 936
  • Summit mounts 3.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 897
  • Summit mounts 4.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 943
Sweet...I have the same kit...well from transdapt...that I ordered from summit....just havent installed yet...

Now somebody needs to clue Michael Schumacher in on his stupid pricing.

can you send me a part number for the mounts and phone number to summit will save me from buying from schumacher they should work great for me i have manual steering and thanks for the post mark

Summit racing number is 1 800 230 3030.Work thru the prompts,they can find the part number for you.

I also used a set of /6k frame to 360. Extremely easy install,fit perfectly, had to use a shorter belt on the Saginaw power steering pump to move the position of the high pressure output hose outlet away from the k frame welded engine mount.

Sweet...I have the same kit...well from transdapt...that I ordered from summit....just havent installed yet...

Thanks Friesza, Yes the kit is by transdapt. they work well and came with intructions with pics... which always helps me :).

The engine sit right where it should, I used stock a-body V8 exhaust manifolds. everything lined up and is in place. I did have to set the left or driver side manifold into place along steering column before sitting engine on k-frame mount. I assume this is necessary on original V8 a-bodys too.

2 year old post.Cracks me up! Indiana,love the take on the National Lampoon spoof.

The only problem I am having is that my Saginaw power steering unit hits the front of my driver side engine perch on the K frame. It doesnt allow much room for adjustment or tension for the belt. The high presure line hits the perch...

That would happen with stock mounts too. The cars with that style k-frame came with the federal pump. The Saginaw pumps came on spool mount cars.

I sure im glad someone:D renewed this post it will save me a hundred, thanks

Just found this post and wow, looks like a solution to adding a 360 to my Duster, but is the 74 basically the same as far as the motor mounts go? I would love to order the mounts and headers from summit and be done with everything except finding a driveshaft.... Now, if the mounts between 72 and 74 for the 225 are different, why does Schumacher say his work from 67 to 76?

Talking about following up and progress report,outstanding...anyone doing conversions needs to read this and save some coins...seems Northern Auto parts had something like this also....I agree with RRR that we've been had by the schumaker mounts...

The mount kit is made by Trans Dapt, Its not Summits own kit. I used it on my Scamp and it worked well. I did need to buy new bolts because the ones that came with the kit werent long enough

You guys do know, you can just buy a 318 a body driver side mount, bolts right in, and on the passenger side, take a regular truck mount, shorten it up a bit, and your done. I have don't lots of them. easy and cheap

You guys do know, you can just buy a 318 a body driver side mount, bolts right in, and on the passenger side, take a regular truck mount, shorten it up a bit, and your done. I have don't lots of them. easy and cheap

Do you have measurements or dimensions for this?

Do you have measurements or dimensions for this?

what do you want measurements from? the only thing you cut is the truck mount that you use on the passenger side. I just use new biscuit mounts, and shorten that truck mount until the motor is level, then weld it up. They are all slightly different

Its probably easier and cheaper to just buy the kit then to track down the truck mount and modify it.

Its probably easier and cheaper to just buy the kit then to track down the truck mount and modify it.

It could be, if there are no junkyards around I guess. Plus you still have to buy the left side 318 mount also, so if you have none of that, the 60 dollar kit seems like the way to go. I allways did my own cause I had that junk laying around, and cutting and welding a mount was no big deal to me.

-
Back