Sumped tank.....

-

QuarterHorse

Reaction score
Has anybody sumped their stock tank? I know this was a common option for Mustang guys, and I had thought about sumping the one in the Dart, just didn't know of any un-forseen gremlins that may pop up.

Thanks,
Dustin

Do you have pics of it? Are you mini-tubbed? How is your exhaust routed? I really don't want to run a fuel cell with the mini-tubs and if I have to I'll cut the exhaust short and turn it out in front of the rears, or dump it under the car.

Thanks,
Dustin

Sublime69 said:
I sumped mine.. no problems.

Could you please post a picture! I'm going to sump mine and I want to see what you used. I was going to use a Comp Engineering unit but I'm not sure if it's too wide for the center tank ribbing, unless I'm thinking about it wrong.... Did you use an off-the-shelf sump, or did you have one made?

Thanks!

I've done one, I used body epoxy, and used a hole saw and put 5 holes under the sump to act as a baffle instead of cutting the whole area out. I'm was more interested if the exhaust could be ran in between some good sized meats once the mini-tub/spring relocate is done.

i just did mine saturday. used the CE kit, which is big as mentioned above. the width of the sump is close enough to the structural ribs in the tank to not sit flat, and i was working with a tank that had dents in that area, so i cut a rectangular hole and relief cut around it, then hammer/dollied the ribs out for a flat mounting surface. rewelded the relief cuts, welded the sump, ended up with like 3 pinholes that i TIG'd over, but i still plan to use tank seal in the thing. ill try to get some pics if anyone's interested...

stock tubs/springs now, i plan to minitub/relo...

-
Back