Sunday Drive Columbia River Gorge

-

paulieocean

Reaction score
It was one of those rare Oregon somewhat sunny days in November. Thought I would take the barracuda for a drive in the Columbia River Gorge.. Had a great time and the car ran beautifully

2011-11-06_12-53-00_188.jpg

2011-11-06_12-53-27_897.jpg

It was one of those rare Oregon somewhat sunny days in November. Thought I would take the barracuda for a drive in the Columbia River Gorge.. Had a great time and the car ran beautifully

2011-11-06_12-53-00_188.jpg

2011-11-06_12-53-27_897.jpg

Next time you plan on doing something like that let me know. Maybe we can all meet for lunch.

That road is so scenic. I've driven it a bunch of times and I have always enjoyed it. Got some very close friends in Clatskanie. I was usally at there place when I ran all over chasing parts.

Have you been to the old wrecking yard in Swensen? Quite an interesting owner. But he got some great early abody stuff. Also not to forget Jim House in Clatskanie. Bunch of cars and cheap too.

You have a really nice looking Barracuda. Have you restored it or is it a one owner car?

Been down that road many times. On a bright sunny day it is great to just cruise and look at the scenery. When I was a kid my dad had a 66 Buick Electra 225 convertible. On a sunny August weekend we would roll the top down and cruise through there. Always had a great time. That is an excellent looking car as well!!
~Michael

Historic Columbia River Hwy is beautiful. Lots of waterfalls. I took some other pictures without the car in it and will post them.

Would love to meet for lunch sometime. I live in the Portland area.

Haven't been to the Swensen wrecking yard -- I didn't know that there was one there. Or the other place...

My Mother bought this Barracuda brand new and my father took really good care of it. I have the original certicard with my mother's name on it. Car has been repainted but the same color as original. It has a the original 273 and is a console automatic. Interior is black and the seats have been recovered with the black vinyl. It originally came with 13inch wheels, but my father put the 14s with the 13 inch hubcaps. Also originally came with single exhaust and a 2 brl carb. It now has a holly 4brl, and dual exhaust. also has a slightly different camshaft.

2011-11-06_12-05-27_550.jpg

2011-11-06_12-04-58_341.jpg

2011-11-06_12-16-56_524.jpg

2011-11-06_12-05-05_989.jpg

2011-11-06_12-04-23_650.jpg

2011-11-06_12-02-53_804.jpg

paulieocean
Great pictures!! I am about 40 miles north of Portland. If your ever going to be in the area or passing through let me know and we will do lunch.
~Michael

paulieocean
Great pictures!! I am about 40 miles north of Portland. If your ever going to be in the area or passing through let me know and we will do lunch.
~Michael

Will certainly do that. I try and drive the Barracuda every week if I can. Oregon winters sometime make that problematic. :)

Paul

A few years ago I made a few trips to Salem to buy a car. I have to say that Oregon is A beautiful place, its one of my favorites.

I moved from the bay area to the Portland area in 95 and have never looked back. Winters can be a trial come April when you are wanting sunshine, but summers are gorgeous. Also a good place for microbrews and coffee!

Property taxes are a bit high, but there isn't any sales tax. You can't pump your own gas though which is my primary annoyance. NJ is the only other state that is like that.

Great car, great pics.
When I get my 66 Barracuda road ready we will have to have a meet up and maybe a group cruise together since I live in Portland also

-
Back