Sunday Mopar Madness Winner winner chicken dinner at Dragway 42

-
BEAUTIFUL CAR! As my wife and I drove past in my truck we both looked at it and said how nice it was. Told her I needed to get a car like yours but for street cause she’s always liked Darts and Cudas.

Thank you!
It pales it comparison to the cars my two buddies have I was pitted with.
The black 64 Plymouth Rick Rondy owns, and Dave Dunse’s KOS blue Demon, that he debuted that weekend, after a nearly 10 year labor of love building it. Blown gen 3 deal. He had it on a chassis dyno Fri morning over in Mansfield Rick Trunkett set up( after his shop burned down up in Cleveland)
Made over 900 at the tire, still ramping in the power to get it down the track. Sensational attention to detail on that baby…

Thank you!
It pales it comparison to the cars my two buddies have I was pitted with.
The black 64 Plymouth Rick Rondy owns, and Dave Dunse’s KOS blue Demon, that he debuted that weekend, after a nearly 10 year labor of love building it. Blown gen 3 deal. He had it on a chassis dyno Fri morning over in Mansfield Rick Trunkett set up( after his shop burned down up in Cleveland)
Made over 900 at the tire, still ramping in the power to get it down the track. Sensational attention to detail on that baby…

I know exactly both cars you’re talking about! The 64 is gorgeous and I could tell lots of attention to detail were paid. And then I saw the KOS demon. I was WOWed big time. Especially when I saw it leave the starting line and heard him shift twice. I loved it even more lol. It’s absolutely as nice of a car as it gets. When he hit the brake pedal as we were in the lanes and I saw the tail lights light up the way they did. Me dad and uncle looked at each other and said how bad a** of a car it was.

I know exactly both cars you’re talking about! The 64 is gorgeous and I could tell lots of attention to detail were paid. And then I saw the KOS demon. I was WOWed big time. Especially when I saw it leave the starting line and heard him shift twice. I loved it even more lol. It’s absolutely as nice of a car as it gets. When he hit the brake pedal as we were in the lanes and I saw the tail lights light up the way they did. Me dad and uncle looked at each other and said how bad a** of a car it was.

Yea, Turbo 400 in it. Has a full bench seat interior in it that is houndstooth. Super sweet!
Is your Demon running?
Should bring it to London!

Ya Nick Allison told me it was a Th400. Which is something we have in the winter project list is to get our hands on one and build. 3 speed is a 3 speed, GM, Ford, or Mopar lol.

The demon is not running at the moment. The machine shop just called and crank is finished balanced and ready to be picked up. My builder wants to get it going but I told him I have no problem sitting out til next season. He made it sound like he intends to have it done to at least make one race this season. We will see.

London is possible next year without a doubt, but not this year unfortunately.

So looks like this upcoming Sunday,
I’m finally getting into my dads roadrunner at Quaker City Motorsports park. My dad will be on vacation and told me to take the car. So me and Dan will be going with the blue roadrunner as well. Been waiting a long time to drive the new Hemi. Here’s a pic of me and my dad with my daughter at 42 this weekend.

@pittsburghracer will you be at Quaker?

1B5323C2-95CB-42BF-8BCD-06CBBE53B16E.jpeg

BCE3A266-3039-4899-BB86-0EF184FA9DF7.jpeg

I’m finally getting into my dads roadrunner at Quaker City Motorsports park. My dad will be on vacation and told me to take the car. So me and Dan will be going with the blue roadrunner as well. Been waiting a long time to drive the new Hemi. Here’s a pic of me and my dad with my daughter at 42 this weekend.

View attachment 1716286168

View attachment 1716286169
RJ, are you in your 20s and dads in 40s ?
Nice little baby ya have too !

View attachment 1716286168

View attachment 1716286169

50/50 chance right now. My get up and go got up and left. I sure wish I could catch a break and get a couple one race weekends.

RJ, are you in your 20s and dads in 40s ?
Nice little baby ya have too !

Kori, dad is 66 and I’m 34.
I sure wish we were as young as you asked.
Thank you for the kind words. I’ll be sure to relay the message to dad.
He doesn’t move too well but somehow keeps himself going. I don’t know how.

50/50 chance right now. My get up and go got up and left. I sure wish I could catch a break and get a couple one race weekends.

I understand.
I know you’re battling some stuff right now but figured I’d ask if you were going as I’d like to see ya soon at the track.

Kori, dad is 66 and I’m 34.
I sure wish we were as young as you asked.
Thank you for the kind words. I’ll be sure to relay the message to dad.
He doesn’t move too well but somehow keeps himself going. I don’t know how.
Well that's amazing, you must be living right dude.
I wish I was your age again, with better choices made lol

Well that's amazing, you must be living right dude.

Thank you, I appreciate that. my dad pushed me to not become a mechanic like he is.
Even though I was mad at him at the time, it paid off. He wanted me to be able to work on cars as a hobby and not for a living.

So I thank him all the time for talking my “know it all” 18 year old self out of becoming a wrench for a living. And since I don’t wrench every day for a living, my motivation and energy level is much higher than his to do race car stuff.

Thank you, I appreciate that. my dad pushed me to not become a mechanic like he is.
Even though I was mad at him at the time, it paid off. He wanted me to be able to work on cars as a hobby and not for a living.

So I thank him all the time for talking my “know it all” 18 year old self out of becoming a wrench for a living. And since I don’t wrench every day for a living, my motivation and energy level is much higher than his to do race car stuff.
Yeah, that's a good dad for sure. I do engine machining and cylinder heads. It's not what it's cracked up to being at the shop I work at & I couldn't afford to fix anything I own , if I couldn't do it myself.
Plus the daily bending over crap is a killer on the back eventually.
I also, would rather work on my car than go to work and get paid lol

Yeah, that's a good dad for sure. I do engine machining and cylinder heads. It's not what it's cracked up to being at the shop I work at & I couldn't afford to fix anything I own , if I couldn't do it myself.
Plus the daily bending over crap is a killer on the back eventually.
I also, would rather work on my car than go to work and get paid lol

I can certainly understand that Kori. I know the little bit I do mess with cars, hurts lol. So I feel for all you guys who been doing it longer than I been alive and still goin.

What a weekend it was at Dragway 42. Looked like Friday and Saturday we’re going to be total washouts and only good day was Sunday. Well Friday all day was beautiful and it started sprinkling Friday night after first round of the gamblers race. That stayed around for a while til finally they made the decision to finish the gamblers on Saturday cause weather was looking better and better for Saturday. Well Saturday came and we had some serious storms which we were not expecting. We expected rain, but not this much rain. This was enough rain to cancel any race and mostly everywhere I go to. But not Dragway 42. They did not cancel the race. They dried the track and we raced. Got the entire main event in. They even considered finishing fridays gamblers race late, but ultimately did not do that. Sunday was beautiful as expected and they got the entire day in.

Sunday my business partner and close friend Danny ended the weekend with winning super pro in his Roadrunner. Car was great all weekend and Danny can pound the tree to death especially when he gets in a rhythm. After a lifter failure last season on a brand new build, it’s been a struggle. Finally he was able to park that car in the winner circle after making constant changes to the car last year and this year to try and fine tune it and get it where we want it. Hell of a way to end the weekend. Can’t wait for the next Mopar race at Norwalk in September.

View attachment 1716285444
Off topic question, you mentioned some upper control arm a couple weeks ago. Which were you saying the good stuff about???

Off topic question, you mentioned some upper control arm a couple weeks ago. Which were you saying the good stuff about???

Hmm I can’t remember Korie. If it was on another post, I think I said about QA1 non adjustable still had more positive caster than stock control arms. But the magnum force had nice double adjustable upper control arms that you could adjust without removing the eccentric bolt and turning the rod end.

Hmm I can’t remember Korie. If it was on another post, I think I said about QA1 non adjustable still had more positive caster than stock control arms. But the magnum force had nice double adjustable upper control arms that you could adjust without removing the eccentric bolt and turning the rod end.
Thanks RJ, great memory you have!
I'm just wondering if adjustable bushings and the qa1 will produce a good result, surely better than factory

-
Back