super six linkage

-

Dartnewbie

Former Dart owner
Reaction score
Anybody have a picture of the throttle cable setup for a super six? I have the intake and carb and kickdown. Have no idea what the setup should look like after the throttle cable is changed. Also what is the best pedal assembly and cable to use in my 63 to change this from the rod linkage?

Thanks. I can never tell from other pictures because the air cleaner is usually on and covers the linkage. Also interested in how the choke is hooked up if you have a picture of that as well.

. . . Also what is the best pedal assembly and cable to use in my 63 to change this from the rod linkage?

For the easiest swap, I'd use the 64-66 V8 or the 65-66 slant 6 factory AC pedal - both the same. I've never tried it but believe a 67 -up pedal could be used with some work.

I,m putting a 72 duster gas peddle(V8)on my slant 6 with a 4bbl. I,m gonna have to magyver the bracket to hold the cable close to the carb.Not going for the original look.My car came with the lokar throttle and kickdown cables and bracket also gas peddle,don,t like it and it was never installed properly.So out it comes,I,ll try to remember to post a pic. when I get it done later this week.

here it is bolted to my wall of shop.....w/ a single header set up......Throttle cable abviously not hooked up...but you can see how it would......also choke set up....I have a gas pedal and possibly cable from a 70 and up a-body

slant 6 throttle linkage 003.jpg

slant 6 throttle linkage 005.jpg

slant 6 throttle linkage 008.jpg

slant 6 throttle linkage 006.jpg

slant 6 throttle linkage 002.jpg

Okay here is what I have which is what I got with the car when I bought it. I have a 2bbl intake #4104595, Carter carb #2681. The intake is just that, just the intake with nothing else attached. I need to know what other parts are needed to attach this to a 63 225.

DSCF0299.JPG

DSCF0300.JPG

DSCF0301.JPG

DSCF0302.JPG

Yes. I have a 63 dart 225 pushbutton auto. Would like to use the super six since it came with the car but not sure what else I need to hook it up. I think I have the kickdown lever for the super six but I never opened the box yet to see what it actually is.

I am pretty sure everything I have will work for you...all bolting areas look the same....I also have Kickdown rod from carb to trans, I think you will need a gasket b/tw the intake and exhaust, I think its metal????? I think allot, can you tell LOL....Let me know...

If you order the intake/exhaust gasket from Remflex, it comes with the hotbox gasket (the gasket between the manifolds). The metal ones don't seal near as well. The Remflex gaskets seal great, get one for the exhaust manifold also.

It looks like the carb is missing parts it needs and the other stuff I got with the car is incomplete. So at this point I think I will just get rid of the extra parts I don't need and stick with the one barrel on the car now. So if anyone wants the 2 barrel intake and carb they can have it.

Do you still have that intake? If you are looking to get rid of it I am interested.

Rob

Hey i got a two barrel setup i not using at all, i painted it and everything.

Ill check for you and if you interested i can give it to ya for just the shipping, i mean ill pass it on. its just rotting wit me so it needs a good home lol

Hi, Would you happen to have a kickdown linkage? I would be interested.

Thanks

The older slants 66 and down were rod linkage the newer slants were cable linkage. So you will need to figure this difference out. I have not personally tried to adapt them.
Frank

-
Back