Super Six Pricing?

-

pacuda59

pacuda59
Reaction score
A local salvage yard has a 78 Aspen with a super six setup. Before I make the journey, I was wondering what ballpark pricing for it should be in?

Thanks!

That is a hard one to answer. If the yard is part of a chain that has set prices like (click here). Or if it's a family owned yard their prices can be higher.

It's a family yard but they're sophisticated enough to have a web based inventory search.

Thanks

Check our classifieds here it will help give you a idea

I think the classifieds are out of touch with reality. Some people think their **** is worth gold. A complete super six setup with carb intake and kickdown linkage if applicable shouldn't be anymore than 100 or so. People think they are worth like 300-400 bucks. They're stupid. You can find a used Offy and Holley four barrel for that. The last super six intake I got was 100 SHIPPED from across the country. I am fixing to have one soon from a truck I will be building and not using the slant and it happens to be a super six. Somebody will get one hell of a deal I am here to tell you. They are just not worth that much.

Last one I bought was about $80 with the air cleaner, exhaust manifold (w/exhaust pipe flange & 4" of pipe. Sawzall) kick-down and cable.

Last one I bought was about $80 with the air cleaner, exhaust manifold (w/exhaust pipe flange & 4" of pipe. Sawzall) kick-down and cable.

Das wut I'm tawkin bout.

I think the classifieds are out of touch with reality. Some people think their **** is worth gold. A complete super six setup with carb intake and kickdown linkage if applicable shouldn't be anymore than 100 or so. People think they are worth like 300-400 bucks. They're stupid. You can find a used Offy and Holley four barrel for that. The last super six intake I got was 100 SHIPPED from across the country. I am fixing to have one soon from a truck I will be building and not using the slant and it happens to be a super six. Somebody will get one hell of a deal I am here to tell you. They are just not worth that much.

i want to buy your super six set up if you decide to sell hahaha

i want to buy your super six set up if you decide to sell hahaha

Thanks. I priced it high since there was no interest in the motor, but no one was even interested in making an offer...and I clearly said OBO. Thanks, but I have decided to keep the entire engine. They ain't makin any more.

Seems like you never see a complete Super Six set-up (intake, barb and kick down linkage) sold as 1 unit. Looks like people are selling the intake and maybe the carb as a unit and the kick down linkage separately or maybe they don't have the kick down linkage. Here's 2 personal examples:

I've got a sweet running Super Six-equipped motor I pulled from a 65 Dart I bought - that had no kick down linkage on it. So if I sell the SS intake and carb to someone who has an automatic, now they gotta shell out more money for the kick down linkage or buy a Lokar or similar (and spend more money)

I have an 87 D100 I bought from my grandson. Him and his Dad installed a 72 slant motor/904 from a Valiant I gave him. Yes, you guessed it - it has a Super Six on it. They tried to fabricate a kick down based on pictures but its not right and doesn't work too well. So I'm in the same boat as the person who buys a Super Six without the linkage.

Edit: I did obtain the kick down linkage for the truck from over at .org.

Well I don't have kickdown linkage with mine because it came in front of a four speed. Other than air cleaner, it is a complete engine.

I wouldn't pay more than $80 for one myself, and it would have to include all the linkages, unless the rare aluminum version. I don't see spending $$ to get a heavy cast-iron intake, just to get a 2-barrel carb. I have an idea for a cheap MPFI for my slant and have some parts, but I'll keep mum unless and until I really do it. No desire for the barbs and naysayers.

-
Back