Super Stock Springs in A-Body.

-

70wayfarer

Reaction score
got my hands on a pair of super stock springs #P3412002/2003. the springs in my car are a bit sad now and thought these would be a good replacement. car will see plenty of track time. 410sb, s475 turbo, 727, 9".
at the mo I have self made caltracs. will these work with the super stocks, or should I use a pinion snubber. got Competition Eng shocks all round.
any pros or cons with install.

thanks in advance

got my hands on a pair of super stock springs #P3412002/2003. the springs in my car are a bit sad now and thought these would be a good replacement. car will see plenty of track time. 410sb, s475 turbo, 727, 9".
at the mo I have self made caltracs. will these work with the super stocks, or should I use a pinion snubber. got Competition Eng shocks all round.
any pros or cons with install.

thanks in advance

not supposed to work together. like to see a pic of your right rear spring close up, and one of the home made caltracs.

Superstock springs will work with caltracs. I've spoken to them directly about this. They don't even make springs for some applications but they do make caltracs for them. I.e. 73 and newer gm trucks.

Superstock springs will work with caltracs. I've spoken to them directly about this. They don't even make springs for some applications but they do make caltracs for them. I.e. 73 and newer gm trucks.

ok...so they will work together?
still waiting for them to turn up, but are complete with rear hangers.
will post images when they arrive

Attachments

• P1010621.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 486
The front eye bushing on my SS springs have a 5/8 bore. The originals were 1/2 . I had to drill out the front bracket to accomodate the larger front eye bolt. No biggie, but something to be aware of.

I drilled my front hanger as well. It sat a little high in the back so I installed the 1" drop front hanger and they are already drilled to 5/8" and have 2 positions. Some say that the s/s springs ride rough, compaired to my worn out stock ones they feel fine.

The front eye bushing on my SS springs have a 5/8 bore. The originals were 1/2 . I had to drill out the front bracket to accomodate the larger front eye bolt. No biggie, but something to be aware of.

Not sure if you used a solid front eye bushing. I'm assuming you did as the stock one has a steel sleeve through rubber. Their springs use a solid front bushing and poly rears. They recommend using the solid front eye.

everything I`ve read, said that they would fight each other, and not be right!

SS springs and home made set up.

Attachments

• duster_23_small.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 349
  • duster_24_small.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 294
-
Back