Super Stock Springs - Let's see em'?

-

YoungBlood

Jolt the Squares
Reaction score
Hey all,

I am hoping to see some pics of your cars with SS Springs. Particularly Duster/Demon/Dart Sport Style. I am trying to both see rear ride height and get an idea of the Tire Size I can use with SS Springs with them in the stock location/offset shackle.

If my measurements are right I can safely get a 275/60/15 on the back with a 15X9" rim and 4.5" BS with an offset shackle. I don't want to mini-tub yet (I want a sleeper for a while).

Anyways, pics and tire sizes would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Tyson

Here's my '70. 275-60-15 on 15x8 w/4.5" bs.

DSC01015ss.JPG

Here's mine.

Before:

newspringsbefore1.jpg

newspringsbefore2.jpg

newspringsbefore3.jpg

After:

newspringsafter2.jpg

newspringsafter3.jpg

http://www.burwoodboysracing.com/gallery/d/1350-2
/1000829_G.jpg

I've got M/T 29.5 x 9's on there now and they just barely fit.

2800lb SS springs, 255/60-15 tires on 15x7 steelies:

2503945234_9198e6e3a3.jpg

Had yet to crank up the torsion bars to compensate for the V8 when this pic was taken so don't mind the extreme nose-down attitude. ;)

On a side note. What is the differince in the MP 3000lb and 2800lb springs? I put the 3000lb springs on mine. It rides like a truck but picked up a tenth on the 60 foot time. Would 2800lb springs work as well but give a better ride?

I used the relocation kit that moves the springs 1.5" in per side, allowing a 295-50 Radial TA on my 69 Valiant with stock wheelhouses. Mounted on 15X8.5" Centerlines. Using the 3 inch inboard kit, which puts them into/under the frame rails, allows even more. I wonder if tail pipes can still be routed, however, with the 3" kit. It looks tight with the 1.5 kit, and I suppose it also depends on whether you have the larger gas tank or not.
Hope this doesn't make you more confused!
Alan

Here's the 67 cuda with the high arch SS springs, and 15x10 wheels, the car is minitubbed and the sidewall to sidewall measurement is 12" wide.

The high arch springs i was told will give you 1.5" higher arch than the other ones so I installed 1.5" lowering blocks from mancini racing and it brought the stance to a more appealing level.

The before/ after pics:

chrome19.jpg

wheels31.jpg

After
cuda9.jpg

cuda14.jpg

Very cool Valiant! And I remember the days when I told somebody what I had, and they usually said "It's a what?" Sometimes they still do.

My dad ordered a brand new Signet, Seafoam Green, 273 3 speed, 8 3/4 16:1 manual steer, hd suspension trailer tow package with hitch delete. It died about 2 years before I bought my first pos Duster, or I'd still have that one! There used to be one around here that was street raced with a 340 4 speed, before the Hondorks ruined all street activity around here. That, and three police helicopters.
I wonder.....
Were they all either white or granny green?!
Thanks for the inspiration!
Alan

Black rims rule....or dog dish hubcaps!

yeah it seems that alot are the white, or cream color or the green. the color isnt my favorite choice but i like it because its original. cool story by the way. same here too with the black wheels. im gonna get 2 new front tires and have the front 14" wheels repainted semi gloss black...

-
Back