Super Street Sleeper 68 Valiant

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
um, tires DO matter. Whats the point of a car having that much hp if you just spin the tires all the time and cant even hook up at all, thats like driving on ice, what fun is that?

i would love to pull up next to a mustang or a piece of ^$%# japanese car in that. they would never expect what would happen when the light turned green! awesome car!

"Streetable" is questionable unless you've been in a car like that before... Sorry to hear he wants to bail Mike. I can relate, but sorry to hear. How is his health?

um, tires DO matter. Whats the point of a car having that much hp if you just spin the tires all the time and cant even hook up at all, thats like driving on ice, what fun is that?

It impresses the simple minded children......drivers of 5 point OH's and ricers with jumbo rear wings that provide downforce to tires that provide no traction.

That's who

SELAK, it is a fast car. It could be MUCH faster. It wasn't built to be a drag car, so it is traction limimted. It's also Incredibly loud, has small drum brakes, a bench seat, and no power anything. His Dad's gone faster than a lot of guys, since the 60s. Having driven the car, I'd say he did just fine. It's exactly what HE wanted. And by the seat of the pants, if that car can't run very low 12s spinning thru all three gears, I'd be surprised. There are thigns I would have done differently but Bill had the plan from before he found the body... It's a fair price for that car as built. Even doing most of the work yourself you couldnt duplicate it for $16K or anywhere near it.

I thought i just took a shot but i definately do not have a 5 oh more like an 8.3 0h and i am definately impressed.

Sounds like fun to me !

Thanks Mador!!!...My dad has built ALOT of cars and has raced ALOT of cars for yrs. This car he wanted different.No tubs,No cage,No slicks,No racing seats,No hood scoops,Full exhaust. Just a LITTLE loud street car. i too believe 16k is a FAIR price.

I would have an absolute ball in that car. I would be surprised if that could be done for 16k, I truly hope it finds a good home, best of luck.

Mike, How do you hook 600hp on those tires ?
you dont. you just make sure you got enough money in the band to buy tires every 2 weeks. lol too bad its not 4 speed. but i bet its fast enough. probly burns thru 2nd gear anyway. lol i put a 426 hemi in a lawn mower with a 4 speed. dana 60 with 4.56 gears. WHAT A WILD DREAM!!!!

Great sleeper and I plan on doing exactly the same thing with mine. It will look as it does now but will shake the leaves off the trees when fired up. Its easy to hide long wheel studs under the dog dishes for that quick wheel swap. Your father's car is an inspiration. And I can relate why your father is 'hanging up the skates'. BTW...who is the little angel in your sig? Way cute...

Doug
SoCal

THANKS for the compliments guys!!!!

Doug,
That is my youngest of 4 daughters Emma. Emma was diagnosed with a lung disease when she was 3 months old.We didnt even know if she would make it but this past march 3rd,she turned 5 yrs old and just nex week will be starting kindergarden!!!!!

I have NEW pics of Emma that I need to upload.

well i dont want to insult u but i love that car and i would trade straight up my ws6 with heads and cam for that my car has 41000 miles and is a 2001

car1.jpg

car2.jpg

car3.jpg

car4.jpg

Clean WS6! And it's the Navy Blue Metallic color, which looks great on that body!

GM Performance Parts has an LS3 crate engine with an excellent warranty that is a drop in for your LS1, puts out over 515 horses and about 500 lb.ft. of torque. That would be the ticket when the time comes for your WS6.

I agree though...that '68 BB Valiant is just the ticket (no pun intended)!

Very nice valiant!!!!!!! Wish i had the money........If i didn't have to buy food i would be a rich man......LOL

Can`t belieave it hasn`t sold yet.
IMO it`s a very fair price, at least here in Sweden.
If I didn`t have my garages filled with Mopars I would be buying your dads Valiant. But thats probably what we all say,LOL

May be you should put a tad higher price on it.
I know guys here in Sweden who put a price on their car, with the result that nobody even enquired about the car.
But at a higher price there were at lot of potential buyers who called.
Almost as if the price was too low they thought there must be something wrong with the deal. Just my 2C

I had been told that years ago as well. So after asking what I thought was a fair price for my 69 Super Bee I let my adds expire. Then I relisted it with a price that was $2500 more than I had been asking.

and sold it for $1500 more than I had been asking

sweet ride! Sorry you're selling, and good luck

Thats a great deal. Both parties happy. That was a full blow sleeper!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back