Supercharge and Stroke?

-

JeffTheMarine

Reaction score
I am assuming it can be done. Never really heard of it? I suppose it would be alot of stress on the motor considering the longer stroke and the pressure of the boost. If it is possible and reliable what are some precautions or hazards? Pros and cons rather?

Jeff

Any combination with or without a supercharger or boost will need to be built to handle the task that you assign it to. Stroked & Boosted combination's are built all the time. The dependability of such combination's will depend on the components chosen for each particular build.

Tell the guys here what you are trying to accomplish and for sure you will get a few recipes without a doubt!

There are a couple members with them here. Like you think... it creates a lot of stress and you have to build for it. Otherwise you can do anything you want. All it takes is $$$ or $$$$$$$$$$ :D

I am currently building a new R3 block, 4inch stroke, 4200 bore that will yield 443 CI, 8.1 compression, indy 360-2 head kit with intake cnc port/polish, and an F1 pro charger. Should be complete in Feb.

well that's good. I plan on building a 416 stroker with full forged inturnals and a Paxton supercharger for stealthiness....

I am currently building a new R3 block, 4inch stroke, 4200 bore that will yield 443 CI, 8.1 compression, indy 360-2 head kit with intake cnc port/polish, and an F1 pro charger. Should be complete in Feb.

Damn that thing is going to be an ANIMAL when you stomp on it. How much boost?? What use Street/Strip or combination. How will you get it to HOOK??
I have a 410 Stroker now with right at 500hp/500tq and it straight gets down. I cant imagine how yours will do..........DAMNNNNNNNNNN

<<<<<<< 416 with a 671

You will need a good suspension and tires or you will have traction problems with all the torque.

Mine gets pretty scary, it will break them loose in any gear with out any effort at all. It definately put a hold on taking it to the track till I get it figured out.

-
Back