Supercharge or Hellcat?

-

68GTconvert

Reaction score
I know a lot of people don't like the new Challengers on here. I have the 14 SRT8 Core 6 speed and I am trying to figure out if I should supercharge it with the Edelbrock Kit or save my pennies for the 16 Hellcat. Supercharged 6.4 would be 660 at the crank for about 7k. I would probably have someone install and tune it so around 10k. What do you think? I am leaning towards don't ruin my warrantee and save for the Hellcat with a warrantee.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EDELBROCK-S...le-/321609078945?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

From what I've read, Chrysler spent a LOT of effort designing the Hellcat SYSTEM.
As in, they didn't just stick a blower on one of their motors, they spent a lot of time redesigning parts so you can run it on the track and not have it derate power after a few laps (Corvette) - plus, the factory warranty covers racing on the Hellcat.

So, depends on what you want and how much you want to spend, but the Hellcat should, overall, perform better over varied conditions and extended usage than if you just get your SRT blown.

From what I've read, Chrysler spent a LOT of effort designing the Hellcat SYSTEM.
As in, they didn't just stick a blower on one of their motors, they spent a lot of time redesigning parts so you can run it on the track and not have it derate power after a few laps (Corvette) - plus, the factory warranty covers racing on the Hellcat.

So, depends on what you want and how much you want to spend, but the Hellcat should, overall, perform better over varied conditions and extended usage than if you just get your SRT blown.

I agree. Thanks

-
Back