supercharged 318

-

bryan340

Reaction score
I have a 1964 Dart GT I would like to put the driveline from a 1995 Dodge Dakota. My brother is pro streeting his truck so I can get the motor, tranny, all wiring and computer. Its running a powerdyne supercharger he ran consistant 11.80. Am I wrong in thinking it will be a straight forward swap, I am worried about it being a electrical nighmare. I searched and can't find much info, any encouraging success would be appreciated!!!! thanks

If you have a V8 allready inthe car, the motor mount may be of concern, though a swap kit would more than likely fix that issue. The computer just needs a hot wire to power it IIRC. Take note of it upon removal from the truck or ask him to take note. The trans needs a custom mount and your driveshaft shortened.

mounts are a little different

tranny should bolt up to it

tubing might be a little different for the supercharger

if your keeping all the efi then with the new epu should keep things running good. just gotta find a way to power it all. your gonna wanna swap over the ignition to or go aftermarket. The 95 ecu probably ran more than just the motor and trans tho, so youll probably have to do some splicing, be prepared.

i was gonna swap my magnum into my duster but go carbureted. So the mounts are the only thing im pretty sure are different (but mines a 73.) just read ur gonna use the tranny too, which is good. again just mounts and a diff. length drive shaft

-
Back